Embrace your power by following these five building block practices and rise to the top of your personal game and spiritual path.
1. Define Who You Are
When you know who you are, you lay a foundation on which to build. As you define your abilities and qualities, you connect the dots and the picture of who you truly are emerges. Once this image develops, you become genuine, authentic, and comfortable in your own skin. You can start by asking yourself:
- When I let go of fitting in, what is it about me that rises to the top?
- What gifts are distinctly mine? What rings sterling and true about my abilities and personal qualities?
- Are there talents or tasks where others seek my help or advice?
- What did I love to do as a kid that got “practicalized” out of me?
- When that force of intuition and desire tugs my sleeve, where is it pointing me?
- What qualities light me up?
- Am I practical or a daydreamer?
- Do I seek adventure or quiet solitude?
- Is my life a bustle of activity or tuned to a laid-back pace?
- Do I recharge my batteries in an exuberant crowd or curled up with a book?
- Am I happiest when I stand out or when part of a larger whole?
2. Embrace Your Gifts
Shine your light on the world. You are endowed with distinctive talents, skills, and interests that mark your magnificence and set you apart. Do your gifts launch or languish behind old voices? Are you saying to yourself:
- “Don’t be too big for your britches.”
- “Quit being a show-off.”
- “Look at the smarty-pants.”
- “Act like a lady/gentleman.”
Does the term, “fear of outshining” resonate with you? Do you downplay your skills so that you won’t stand out or threaten others? Have you turned down the volume on your talent in favor of fitting in? If your light is barely peeking out from under that bushel, allow yourself to shine—you will inspire, not intimidate. Broadcast what is special about you.
3. Love YourselfLove is the highest frequency and gateway to your dance with the divine. The benefits of self-love are instant and enormous.
Try it, right now, by sending love down through your central core in a steady flow. With a flush of warmth and expansion, you ignite the heart and wash away doubt, insecurity, and self-limiting thoughts, and infuse calm and confidence. Move from being your worst critic to being your best cheerleader, and the world says “yes.”
When you infuse yourself with love, you honor and become more closely aligned with your creator. Set up your day—before getting out of bed, infuse yourself with love and reinforce it throughout the day. Turn your phone on selfie and have an eye-to-eye, heart-focused chat with yourself if you lose your center or if your confidence wanes. The combination of self-love and operating out of authenticity makes you invincible. You are perfect, whole, and complete.
4. Walk with a Higher PresenceSince prehistoric man, we have expressed spirituality in countless ways that are personal and unique to each of us.
When you incorporate spiritual practices and live by spiritual principles, you raise your vibrational frequency and become more closely aligned with a Universe that is invested in your highest good. A meditation practice increases this connection; however, anything that brings inspiration and joy will open your crown chakra, creating a deeper energetic connection with this wisdom and bounty. Don’t overlook the importance of joy in your life.
As you partner with this higher presence, you anchor your power. Confidence flourishes when you know that you are never alone and have an ally that’s invested in your joy, wellness, and prosperity. The hard edges of life soften, and you are propelled as the barriers of self-doubt and fear fall away. Partner up and become a co-creator of a life of abundance and wellness.
5. Engage, Expand, and Express
Engage your power by using these tools. Realization by realization, each step feeds the next in an ever-escalating ladder of growth and expansion. Express it. Show up and shout it out. When you sing your song and put your skills out in the world, you generate an energetic cycle of vitality that says to the Universe, “Give me more!” Reinforce the energetic loop by supporting and mentoring others. You are part of a sacred cycle of vitality.
Personal power and self-esteem are the foundation for creating joy and wellness. It motivates you to be more. It gives you resiliency in the face of adversity. It’s the root of mental and physical health and opens you to positive interaction with the world and a higher power.
When you step up to the plate and invest your time and interest, the Universe invests time and interest in you. Take the plunge, go out on a limb, put on your cape, and read your poetry to the trees. There is a great void just waiting for you to fill it.