The Bhagavad Gita is universally renowned for its consciousness-based spiritual wisdom, still relevant in the 21st century. The 700 concise verses in this scripture provide a framework to decode the science of self-realization, offering profound wisdom and guidance for leading a purposeful and fulfilling life.
Join Dr. Deepak Chopra and me in a six-part series of LIVE Webinars starting in January 2024. Embark on a transformative journey toward total well-being, guided by the timeless wisdom of the Bhagavad Gita. We will share practical Vedanta tools for enlightened living.
Here are a few primary gleanings from the Bhagavad Gita that will be covered throughout the upcoming six-part webinar series:Practical Vedanta for Daily Living: A Consciousness-Based Perspective on Bhagavad Gita
- Right Knowledge is the Ultimate Solution to All Our Problems in Life: Ignorance or Avidya is the root cause of all problems in life. Getting a glimpse of the true nature of Reality and not clinging to what is unreal is the first step toward Self-Realization.
- Live What You Learn and Continue to Grow:The Gita encourages us to practice what we learn and make it a habit to follow a health-conscious (Sattvik) Diet & lifestyle. It describes four practices of Yoga for self-empowerment.
- Detach from Illusion and Attach to the Divine:Replace the illusion of worldly desires and material possessions (Maya) with a natural affinity for the divinity that lies within each one of us. Whoever sees all beings in the Self and the Self in all beings hates none.
- Every Act Can Be an Act of Prayer, Stay Busy: Action is always better than inaction. Transform every moment into a sacred practice by setting an intention behind your actions to experience contentment. Yoga is nothing but skill & love in action.
- Selflessness Leads to Peace, Progress, and Prosperity: Experience profound peace through selfless giving, without expecting anything in return. Selfishness can cloud our judgment and wisdom. Selfless acts are not just noble but help us attain personal growth and fulfillment.
- Concentrate on Your Work, Don’t Worry About the Results: The core cause of worry is the anticipation of the fruits of your labor. Focus on performing your actions selflessly and working in the present moment to free yourself from the bondage of desire.
- Rise Above Fear and Doubt: Fear is a paralyzing emotion that inhibits growth and progress. It puts your mind, body, and soul into a fight-or-flight mode. Replace doubt with faith, trust, and self-awareness.
- Anger, Attachment & Greed Make You Deceptive and Destructive: Anger clouds our judgment and hinders our ability to make rational decisions. The Bhagavad Gita provides practical tools such as meditation and physical activity with the intention, can help in anger management. Anger clouds our judgment, destabilizes intellect, and puts us on a destructive path.
- Control & Regulate Your Sensory Desires:Excessive sensory indulgence weakens your mind and destabilizes your intellect. Meditation and self-reflection refine your patience, willpower, and discrimination.
- Stability & Equanimity: Be steadfast in fleeting perceptions of your sensory experience. Joy & sorrow are mere expressions of the polarities of life. Practice equanimity and try to be a witness to change.
The Bhagavad Gita is a poetic song of consciousness that validates current scientific research in this field. Embracing these lessons can guide us toward a life filled with purpose, growth, and inner joy.