On a cold Saturday afternoon, we prepared these muffins, and they seem to be toddler-approved! My husband and I also served them for a brunch we shared with friends at our home. We used blueberries and cranberries, but you could substitute for other berries as well, such as raspberries or strawberries. I keep coming back to the memories made when preparing and sharing meals together; it’s a special time and I find is a wonderful way to start discussions, share stories, and allow laughter to fill our home.
Vegan, Gluten-Free Berry Mini Muffins
Photo by April Duckworth
The sweetness of these muffins is a delightful treat and the scent that fills the air as they bake is delightful as well. The flavor of the warm berries evoke a sense of warmth.
Makes 40 mini muffins
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (e.g. cashew milk)
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup coconut or date sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries and/or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two mini muffin pans with liners
- In a large mixing bowl, add oat flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the vanilla to the cashew milk and mix.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until combined.
- Add in blueberries and cranberries
- Pour equal sized portions into lined mini muffin pans
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
I hope that you find ease and joy in cooking simple, delicious meals and snacks for yourself and your family, and make beautiful memories in the process.
Ready to take control of your health? Download the Chopra App for personalized well-being guidance you can access anywhere.