Hundreds of groups will gather in nearly every country in the world to meditate over one common intention—COMPASSION.
Take a stand for compassion. Organize a yoga class. Invite people over for tea. Gather in a park. Play music. Enjoy connection. Whatever your plans may be, connect with one another and hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world on July 11, as you watch the 2015 Global Meditation for Compassion in a community setting.
- A yoga class, plus global meditation viewing event is registered in Spain
- A group of musicians are set up to join the broadcast, then play music and dance in Mexico
- In Germany, a group is projecting the global meditation broadcast at a theatre
- In Australia, a group of committed souls will be gathering in the middle of the night to share the silence and watch the broadcast
- In Ethiopia, a community is gathering to meditate and celebrate over dinner and tea
Why Gather in a Group?We gather with family and friends at holidays; we celebrate couples ceremoniously when they unite in marriage; we host Super Bowl parties so friends can join us for the big game. We like to share experiences and celebrations with one another, and meditation is a beautiful way to create community and connection .
There is power in numbers and creating shared intentions. Coming together with a shared intention can have profound impacts on our lives, our communities, and our universe. No matter the size or scope of the group meditation or intention, the idea is to plant seeds—big or small—for a better world.
4 Steps to Set Yourself Up as a Host
- Sign up for the Global Meditation
- Create your own event by registering your location
- Invite your community to register for the online event and join you for your local viewing event.
- Set up for your event and experience the power of a global community coming together to create a better world.