One of our favorite go-to dinners is pizza. My family and I love this quick, easy, and nutritious tortilla pizza recipe with sweet potatoes, sprouts, and avocado for a simple yet delicious weeknight meal.
Vegan Tortilla Personal Pizzas
Sprouts adds a welcome crunch and are a good source of fiber, which improves digestion and gut health and helps manage blood sugar. Creamy avocado is compliments the recipe plus provides a great source of healthy fats, omega 3 fatty acids, and also helps with absorption of other nutrients.
Serves 1 to 2
- 1 medium size sweet potato, cubed
- 3 oz tempeh, sliced
- 1 can refried pinto beans
- 1.5 oz fresh diced tomatoes
- 4 oz salsa
- ½ avocado
- 1.5 oz sprouts
- 2 gluten-free tortilla shells
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and cook on 375 for 40 minutes. Set aside.
- Build the pizza starting with tortilla shell and a layer of refried beans.
- Add sweet potatoes, then add another tortilla shell, a second layer of refried beans, finishing with the tempeh.
- Bake tortilla pizza in oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until tortilla is golden brown.
- Top with diced tomatoes, avocado, salsa, and sprouts.
This meal has become one of our favorites. The colors are vibrant and make for a joyful weeknight dinner or even hosting an impromptu dinner with friends. I hope that good food and fond memories are made around your dinner table as well.