1. Sunday - The Law of Pure PotentialityThe Law of Pure Potentiality is about understanding our Spiritual Essence. We practice the Law of Pure Potentiality by quieting the mind and being present either through mantra meditation or breathe awareness. We have a deeper connection of spirit when we let go of judgments of people, places, or things—including ourselves. Spending time in nature also awakens us to our spiritual essence. Connecting with nature’s intelligence awakens us to the Divine presence that is everywhere and which shines through our eyes. Each day take time to be in nature—whether you take a walk around the block, on the beach, through a forest, or in a city park. It's also important to Just take time to be—whether it is a relaxing bubble bath, gazing at a sunset, or relaxing on your couch. No TV, no books—just take time to be silent each day. This will allow you to connect with your beautiful spirit which is loving, kind, compassionate, and light hearted.
Mantra: Om Bhavam Namah
Essence: I am absolute existence
Chakra: 7th chakra on the crown of the head – Consciousness chakra (Sahaswara) – color violet
2. Monday - The Law of Giving and ReceivingThe Law of Giving and Receiving helps us to keep energy flowing freely and keep abundance, affluence, and all good things flowing to us. A great example of Giving and Receiving is witnessing the breathe moving in and out of the body. If you hold your breath in you will notice how uncomfortable it becomes. Even holding the breath out without inhaling becomes uncomfortable too. If you stop the flow of either giving or receiving you interfere with the natural flow of life. To implement this into our daily life, you want to give every person you come in contact with a gift. Every time you meet someone silently wish them love, happiness, joy, and laugher. You will notice an incredible shift in your awareness, it’s amazing. You can silently wish the grocery store clerk peace and happiness or you can silently say Namaste and gaze into the eyes of someone walking by. And of course, a material present is fine too. Make a commitment to keep wealth circulating in your life by giving and receiving life’s most precious gifts of all, that of love, caring, affection, appreciation, and time. It is important to remember that receiving is the same thing as giving; they are just different aspects of the flow of energy in the universe. Accept any gift with open arms and gratitude. Look at nature and receive all the gifts that surround you. Look at the beautiful sunset, a snow storm, the sound of wind blowing, the rain, or even the birds singing. There are gifts all around us. Be present and notice the beauty that surrounds you.
Mantra: Om Vardhanam Namah
Essence: I am the nourisher of the universe and the universe nourishes me
Chakra: 4th chakra on the heart center – Heart chakra (Anahata) – color green
3. Tuesday - The Law of Karma or Cause and EffectThe Law of Karma says that out of infinity of choices there is the one perfect choice that will create happiness for yourself and all of those around you. Your body is like an antenna which will send you feelings of comfort and discomfort. For some it comes from the solar plexus and others will feel it in the heart. I always felt the best question to ask when making a decision- whether it be something you are about to eat, an event you are going to, a new relationship which you might begin, a decision in your job, or even leaving or taking on a new job- the simple question is “Will this choice nourish me?” If you just pause and ask yourself that question, you will be guided to the answer either by a feeling in your body, your inner voice, or a symbolic object that is right in front of you. When we practice being present and noticing the different choices we are faced with throughout the day, it becomes easy for us to be aware of our inner guidance. When it is a big decision such as “Do I marry this person?” , “Do I take on this new job?”, or “Do I move to another state or country?” and so many other situations. To be alert of the signs along the way will help you to make the right decision. This will then create happiness for yourself. And when you are happy, all of those around you will be happy.
Mantra: Om Kriyam Namah
Essence: My actions are aligned with cosmic law
Chakra: 1st chakra on the base of spine – Root chakra (Muladhara) – color red
4. Wednesday - The Law of Least EffortThe Law of Least Effort can be thought of as the principle of allowing. No more struggling against the situation or circumstances that we find ourselves in. When we have total acceptance of the moment we can then come up with a creative response on what to do. Give up your need to struggle against the whole universe by struggling against this moment. In each situation good or bad, there is a seed of opportunity. It is important to see and accept this. For example, losing your wallet may lead you into a different route then you had planned that day. It may also help us to be more organized and present. Even being stuck in traffic can teach us patience. And on a bigger scale, the ending of a relationship will always lead us to a new and more fulfilling relationship and help us learn more about ourselves. The principle of Least Effort allows us accept our current situation as it is, so you will have more energy for things that are important and worthwhile.
Mantra: Om Daksham Namah
Essence: My actions achieve maximal benefit with minimal effort
Chakra: 2nd chakra on the pelvic region – Creativity chakra (Svadhisthana) – color orange
5. Thursday - The Law of Intention and DesireThe Law of Intention and Desire brings us to the awareness that we are here to manifest our deepest dreams and desires and to know that what we want is there we just have to be open to all the people and situations that are guiding us. Practicing present moment awareness take practice. The best way to be present is through the practice of meditation two times a day which calms and clears our mind. It is important to remember the things we desire should be for the highest good of ourselves and others. The best way to manifest that which we desire is to make a list. I carry mine around with me in my wallet and look at it every day- in the morning and at night. My list starts out with things I want for myself- physically, emotionally, spiritually, and materially. At the top of my list is “ I am Strong”, “I am Healthy”, “I am Happy”… my list goes on both sides of the paper – front and back. What you think, you create and what you think, you become. You can have all that you desire. Enjoy the journey of manifestation. You are supported by everyone and everything in the universe. Things will come to you under grace, in perfect ways as long as you know this.
Mantra: Om Ritam Namah
Essence: My intentions and desires are supported by cosmic law
Chakra: 3rd chakra on the solar plexus – Energy chakra (Manipura) – color yellow
6. Friday - The Law of DetachmentThe Law of Detachment is also known as the principle of Freedom. It is very freeing to know that you don’t have to be rigidly attached to how you are supposed to be. There is so much power in allowing people around you to be natural as they are and to find what is most natural for you. When you are being natural, you are very attractive. If you find yourself studying to be an accountant because that is what you thought you had to be yet your true calling is that of a teacher, things will become rigid. It is important to notice what lights you up. Begin one step at a time by finding what feels natural for you. There is a lot of power in the words “I am free to be me.” Not only is the principle of Detachment about Freedom. It is understanding and accepting uncertainty. We can definitely have goals and ideas of how we want our future to be yet it is important to be open to the infinite possibilities that are out there. And know that when things don’t seem to go our way (we all have examples of this) there is something much bigger and better awaiting us. Your life will be full of adventure, magic and mystery.
Mantra: Om Anandham Namah
Essence: My actions are blissfully free from attachment to outcome
Chakra: 5th chakra on the throat area – Expression chakra (Vishuddha) – color blue
7. Saturday - The Law of Dharma or Purpose in LifeThe seventh Spiritual Law is the Law of Dharma. This Law says that we are here to fulfill a purpose. We all have a unique talent and a unique way of expressing it. We all have a unique way of expressing ourselves while in our dharma. There are a couple of ways to discover and to be guided to your Dharma. One is to write down a list of all the things you love and enjoy doing. Then ask yourself the question: If I can do anything in the world for my job and money is no object- what would that be? See if you can combine that one thing, or two things with the things you love to do. And then finally ask the questions,” How can I help, How can I serve?” I believe it is important to be aware that many people may be in their Dharma and they just don’t know it. Begin to understand and honor your unique way of performing the particular job you are in. You may then realize how important your part is that you are performing. When you honor your uniqueness and realize your importance, this can give you a whole new meaning of your purpose.
Mantra: Om Varunam Namah
Essence: My life is in harmony with cosmic law
Chakra: 6th chakra on the forehead – Intuition chakra (Ajna) – color indigo
Read one law per day and incorporate it into your daily life. Continue week after week. Each day the Laws will be different on how you perceive them from the week before, the month before, or even the year before. The Laws will take on new meaning, just as each day has new meaning as we grow, evolve, and transform. Your life is precious -- this moment is precious -- and these principles when applied into your daily life help us to live our lives more fully, with an attitude of gratitude and an appreciation for life. Eventually over a period of time, each principle will begin to weave into every day of your life. This is truly a beautiful feeling and you will realize the true meaning of success and your life will be full of fun, magic, mystery and excitement. Enjoy!!