Many people on a spiritual path begin their day with every intention to remain heart-centered, balanced, and responsive. To ensure your mind, body, and spirit run smoothly, you might exercise, practice yoga, meditate, complete a series of breathing exercises, or pray. These activities protect your physical health, nervous system, and well-being. Yet, with the enormous rise of unrest and violence in the world, you might find it challenging to stay centered.
When you react to the uncertainty of events outside your personal control, you might feel fear and anxiety. To help you to regain your center, so you feel connected to the Divine presence once again, try the five-element meditation. This meditation minimizes fatigue in the mind and body, and can reconnect you to the universal flow of nature.
The five-element meditation is easy and can be done anywhere. As you read through the prompts, allow your mind to relax so you can experience what is suggested. It’s really that simple.
You can also listen to the audio version of the guided meditation anytime you feel stress or tension. We know you’ll feel the connection to all that is enduring and sacred once you’ve finished.
The Five-Element Meditation
- Find a place where you can relax and not be disturbed.
- Sit comfortably and quietly with your eyes closed.
- Take a deep breath in and let go of all the cares of the day.
- Take another deep breath in; as you breath out become aware of your flesh and bones.
- Just by bringing your awareness to your flesh and bones you can bring the earth element in the body into balance.
- Feel the stability that comes when the earth element is in balance. You feel very grounded and rooted like a tree, able to withstand all the challenges life brings your way.
- Take another deep breath in; as you breath out become aware of theblood rushing through your veins.
- About 80 percent of your body is made up of fluid. Just by bringing your awareness to the fluids in the body you can bring the water element into balance.
- Feel the flexibility that comes when the water element is in balance. That flexibility will help you to navigate all the concerns of your day.
- Take another deep breath in; as you breath out become aware of the warmth in your body.
- By bringing your awareness to the warmth in your body you can bring the fire element in the body into balance.
- Feel the energy that comes when the fire element is in balance. You feel alive, creative, and able to find solutions to your problems.
- Take another deep breath in; as you breath out become aware of the air moving out of your lungs.
- By bringing your awareness to your breath you can bring the air element in the body into balance.
- Feel the harmony that comes when the air element is in balance. You feel loving, compassionate, and friendly.
- Take another deep breath in; as you breath out become aware of the space in your mind.
- Just by bringing your awareness to the space in your mind you can bring the space element in the body into balance.
- Feel the peace that comes when the space element is in balance. You feel anchored in the present moment.
- Take another deep breath in and let go.
- You are a part of the same five elements that exist in nature. Experience the feeling of being in harmony with nature within and around you.
- Chant Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti. May there be peace and harmony within you always.
We spend most of our time thinking about events in the past or planning for the future. True peace abides right here, right now, in this present moment.
Ready to start meditating? It’s as easy as downloading the Chopra App, where you can access hundreds of personalized guided meditations from the convenience of your phone.
We hope you enjoy this meditation whenever you may need it to bring you a deeper connection to all that is sacred and beautiful within you and your world.