Primordial Sound Meditation Online Teacher Training Enrichment Program
The Chopra Center's Primordial Sound Meditation Online Enrichment Program is an in depth Vedic meditation course and is the prerequisite to the Chopra Center Primordial Sound Meditation Online Certification Program. Led by Dr. Deepak Chopra, Roger Gabriel and a faculty of master educators, this program will take you on a journey that will enhance your own meditation practice and spiritual life, and provide the foundation for sharing these practices with others in your community.
Through the Enrichment Program, you will learn the history of meditation; the basics of meditation; mantra techniques; how to lead group meditations; Ayurvedic concepts; Vedic philosophy; and Higher States of Consciousness. Participants will also explore research, studies, and meditation’s practical aspects, among other insights.
Once the program begins on the scheduled start date, its contents will be released by session. Participants will then log into the sessions remotely as they are released throughout the duration of the program. The Enrichment Program is a 14-week course. The program requires a four to six hours a week commitment in addition to your twice-daily Primordial Sound Meditation practice.
The Chopra Center’s online Primordial Sound Meditation On Demand course is included with the Enrichment Program (this is the Primordial Sound Meditation lessons, not the teacher training course). Participants will have access to the On Demand course upon completion of enrollment. The Primordial Sound Meditation On Demand course needs to be completed before starting the Enrichment Program.
The Enrichment Program is highly interactive and engaging. In the Primordial Sound Meditation Online Enrichment Program, you can look forward to:
- Working in study discussion groups with teacher training faculty and educators
- Connecting with peers
- Participating in live Q&A calls with program educators
- Engaging and communicating through exclusive Facebook communities and discussion forums
Welcome to the Enrichment Program:
- Introduction to the Enrichment Program – welcome and preparation for the course.
- Preview the program schedule – notate the important dates on your personal calendar.
- Meet your instructors – find out how they knew they were called to teach, how they'll support you as you walk the same path, and how they define success in this program.
- Creating Community – connect with other program participants from around the world through our private Facebook page and community forum.
Session One: The Foundation for Your Success
- An Introduction to the course – learn what you can expect from this transformational experience.
- Origins of meditation – along with mantra practice, lineage, and Deepak’s history with the practice.
- Become familiar with Vedanta – learn more about this ancient philosophy, the foundation of Primordial Sound Meditation.
- Discover valuable tools designed to support you in the online program – including how to use the online learning platform, course dashboard, online forums, and more.
Session Two: Introduction to Meditation
- Dive deeper into the origins and benefits of Primordial Sound Meditation – and how to articulate them to students with ease.
- Understand the science behind meditation – and why it makes you feel better and has such a powerful, lasting effect on your health and well-being.
- Discover the cycle of karma, memory, and desire – and meditation's unique role in freeing us from that conditioning.
- Understand meditation's key role in integrating and balancing all the layers of your life – so that your body, mind, heart, intellect, and spirit flow in harmony.
- Learn the ancient principles of Advaita – the ultimate path to spiritual realization and universal connection.
Session Three: Vedanta and Ayurveda
- Explore the nature and infinite power of consciousness – including its fundamental existence in the universe and how it projects in our life as our body, our mind, our environment, and our universe.
- Discover the ancient mind-body health system of Ayurveda – designed to expand self-awareness and cultivate an inner state of balance.
- Learn the philosophy and core teachings of Vedanta – a timeless wisdom and path to silence and ultimately to our true nature, which is pure, unbounded consciousness.
- Engage in a deep exploration of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – including the eight limbs of yoga, offering us a map and tools for awakening to our higher self.
Session Four: Mantra Techniques
- Uncover the origin and purpose of mantras – and learn several ancient mantras used for specific purposes.
- Understand the healing qualities of sound – and learn to align yourself and your students with the vibrations that foster health, happiness, and unity.
- Expand your understanding of food as medicine – including Ayurvedic principles for eating for health and balance.
Session Five: Perfecting the Practice
- Discover expert tips to help your students simplify meditation and overcome common barriers – including what to do to prepare for a session, how to schedule meditation into your busy day, timing meditations, what to do when noises or thoughts intrude, and more.
- Master special types of meditations – including guided, walking, eating meditations, as well group sessions.
- Learn how to help your students manage expectations around the meditation experience – including what may or may not happen during meditation, immediately after meditation, and as a cumulative effect of a sustained meditation practice.
- Create an optimal daily routine – and learn how following the wisdom of Ayurveda can also help promote restful sleep and vibrant energy.
Session Six: Higher States of Consciousness
- Explore the seven higher states of consciousness – and how to use meditation to go beyond limited awareness and tap into the infinite field of all possibilities.
- Learn how to teach the higher states of consciousness – to help others expand their awareness and increase their capacity for love and joy.
- Discover emotional release techniques – to take your meditation practice to the next level and become a clear vessel for facilitating transformation in others.
Session Seven: Vedic Philosophy and Conclusion of the Enrichment Program
- Understand meditation in the greater context – through the study of Upanishads.
- Experience the highest benefits of meditation for the mind, body, and soul – including allowing it to activate your inner pharmacy, deepening your self-understanding and expanding your consciousness.
- Review key principles from Sessions 1-7 – and fully integrate this rich material.
Each session includes guided meditations, yoga and pranayama practices, reflection questions, student frequently asked questions, quizzes, resources, and live Q&A calls with Chopra Center educators. The program includes content in written, audio and video formats.
Throughout the Enrichment Program you will need to schedule time to complete the following activities. Completing these commitments will average an estimated four to six hours per week (or average of 30-40 minutes a day), in addition to your twice-daily Primordial Sound Meditation practice.
- Complete the Primordial Sound Meditation On Demand course.
- Read all written content within each session, including resources.
- Listen to audio content.
- View video content.
- Reinforce your knowledge with session quizzes.
- Engage in the Daily Practices for each session.
- Connect with your fellow students through the community discussion forums.
- Participate in the private Facebook group (optional).
- Attend and participate in live Q&A calls for each session. Listen to and watch the recordings if you are unable to attend live.
- Meet with interactive participant discussion groups via video conferencing during scheduled times. (Recordings will be available if you are unable to attend live.)
- Join the monthly group meditation sessions. (Recordings will be available if you are unable to attend live.)
- Integrate information and practices.
Live Q&A Calls
Each session in the Enrichment Program will include live Q&A calls. The live Q&A calls are an opportunity for participants to ask program educators questions about the content within the sessions. Participants will be asked to post questions in the Community Forum before each of the scheduled live calls.
The live Q&A calls are generally scheduled on a weekday at 12 pm (Pacific time). However, please note that live Q&A calls and video conferences may be scheduled at other times. Live calls are recorded and can be accessed after each of the scheduled calls. A schedule with the teleconference instructions will be provided.
Participant Group Sessions
During the Enrichment Program, you are invited to attend the online participant discussion groups. Participant group sessions are highly interactive with discussions on content in the course sessions that have been released. Led by teacher-training faculty, these groups are another opportunity to ask questions and create community among your fellow students from around the world.
The group sessions will use RingCentral, a video and audio-conference system. Participants can connect either online or through a call-in number. Those connecting online are encouraged to use their device’s web camera, speaker, and microphone (optional). The sessions will be recorded and can be accessed after each of the scheduled sessions. A schedule with the instructions will be provided.
Group Meditation Sessions
The group meditation sessions are an opportunity for participants from around the world to connect with each other in the stillness and silence of meditation. Each meditation strengthens your practice, and even experienced meditators can learn from the guidance and intention settings of a group meditation. The group meditations will also help you stay motivated and engaged in your meditation practice.
In these sessions, the meditation time will be 30 minutes, and we will include some time at the beginning and at the end to connect with each other. The meditation groups will meet via online conferencing using video and/or phone.
The group meditation sessions will be recorded and can be accessed after each of the scheduled sessions. Additional details regarding scheduled times and conference instructions will be provided.
The recommended books listed below compliment the program content and will be referenced throughout the teacher training. These books can be ordered from Amazon or other retailers (some books may be available as audio) though it is not required to purchase these books for the program. The recommended reading is not included in the Enrichment Program tuition.
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga by Dr. Deepak Chopra and Dr. David Simon
- Mantra Yoga and Primal Sound: Secret of Seed (Bija) Mantras by Dr. David Frawley (Pandit Vamadeva Shastri)
- Shankara’s Crest Jewel of Discrimination as translated by Swami Prabhavananda and Christopher Isherwood
- The Upanishads as translated by Eknath Easwaran
- The Bhagavad Gita as translated by Eknath Easwaran
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali as translated by Alistair Shearer
- Perfect Health by Deepak Chopra
Basic Technical Requirements
The basic equipment needed for the online course is a computer or mobile device, internet access, microphone, speakers, and web camera. The live Q&A calls can also be accessed by phone.
Note: Information is subject to change.