Primordial Sound Meditation Online Teacher Training Enrichment Program
The Chopra Center's Primordial Sound Meditation Online Enrichment Program is an in depth Vedic meditation course and is the prerequisite to the Chopra Center Primordial Sound Meditation Online Certification Program. Led by Dr. Deepak Chopra, Roger Gabriel and a faculty of master educators, this program will take you on a journey that will enhance your own meditation practice and spiritual life, and provide the foundation for sharing these practices with others in your community.
Through the Enrichment Program, you will learn the history of meditation; the basics of meditation; mantra techniques; how to lead a group meditation; Ayurvedic concepts; Vedic philosophy; and Higher States of Consciousness. Participants will also explore research, studies, and meditation’s practical aspects, among other insights.
Once the program begins on the scheduled start date, its contents will be released by session. Participants will then log into the sessions remotely as they are released throughout the duration of the program. The Enrichment Program is a 17-week course. The program requires a six to seven hours a week commitment in addition to your twice-daily Primordial Sound Meditation practice.
The Chopra Center’s online Primordial Sound Meditation course is included with the Enrichment Program (this is the Primordial Sound Meditation lessons, not the teacher training course). Participants will have access to the online course upon completion of enrollment. We recommend that participants begin the course upon enrollment and before the start of the scheduled training.
The Enrichment Program is highly interactive and engaging. In the Primordial Sound Meditation Online Enrichment Program, you can look forward to:
- Working in smaller study groups with the teacher-training faculty
- Connecting with peers
- Participating in live Q&A calls and video conferences with master educators
- Communicating through exclusive Facebook communities and discussion forums
Session One: The Foundation for Your Success
- Overview of the course – learn what you can expect from this transformational experience.
- Meet your instructors – find out how they knew they were called to teach, how they'll support you as you walk the same path, and how they define success in this program.
- Origins of meditation – along with mantra practice, lineage, and Deepak’s history with the practice.
- Become familiar with Vedanta – learn more about this ancient philosophy, the foundation of Primordial Sound Meditation.
- Discover valuable tools designed to support you in the online program – including how to use the online learning platform, course dashboard, online forums, and more.
Session Two: Introduction to Meditation
- Dive deeper into the origins and benefits of Primordial Sound Meditation – and how to articulate them to students with ease.
- Understand the science behind meditation – and why it makes you feel better and has such a powerful, lasting effect on your health and well-being.
- Discover the cycle of karma, memory, and desire – and meditation's unique role in freeing us from that conditioning.
- Understand meditation's key role in integrating and balancing all the layers of your life – so that your body, mind, heart, intellect, and spirit flow in harmony.
- Learn the ancient principles of Advaita – the ultimate path to spiritual realization and universal connection.
Session Three: Vedanta and Ayurveda
- Explore the nature and infinite power of consciousness – including its fundamental existence in the universe and how it projects in our life as our body, our mind, our environment, and our universe.
- Discover the ancient mind-body health system of Ayurveda – designed to expand self-awareness and cultivate an inner state of balance.
- Learn the philosophy and core teachings of Vedanta – a timeless wisdom and path to silence and ultimately to our true nature, which is pure, unbounded consciousness.
- Engage in a deep exploration of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – including the eight limbs of yoga, offering us a map and tools for awakening to our higher self.
Session Four: Mantra Techniques
- Uncover the origin and purpose of mantras – and learn several ancient mantras used for specific purposes.
- Understand the healing qualities of sound – and learn to align yourself and your students with the vibrations that foster health, happiness, and unity.
- Expand your understanding of food as medicine – including Ayurvedic principles for eating for health and balance.
Session Five: Perfecting the Practice
- Discover expert tips to help your students simplify meditation and overcome common barriers – including what to do to prepare for a session, how to schedule meditation into your busy day, timing meditations, what to do when noises or thoughts intrude, and more.
- Master special types of meditations – including guided, walking, eating meditations, as well group sessions.
- Learn how to help your students manage expectations around the meditation experience – including what may or may not happen during meditation, immediately after meditation, and as a cumulative effect of a sustained meditation practice.
- Create an optimal daily routine – and learn how following the wisdom of Ayurveda can also help promote restful sleep and vibrant energy.
Session Six: Higher States of Consciousness
- Explore the seven higher states of consciousness – and how to use meditation to go beyond limited awareness and tap into the infinite field of all possibilities.
- Learn how to teach the higher states of consciousness – to help others expand their awareness and increase their capacity for love and joy.
- Discover emotional release techniques – to take your meditation practice to the next level and become a clear vessel for facilitating transformation in others.
Session Seven: Vedic Philosophy and Conclusion of the Enrichment Program
- Understand meditation in the greater context – through the study of Upanishads.
- Experience the highest benefits of meditation for the mind, body, and soul – including allowing it to activate your inner pharmacy, deepening your self-understanding and expanding your consciousness.
- Review key principles from Sessions 1-7 – and fully integrate this rich material.
Each session will include guided meditations, yoga and pranayama practices, reflection questions, student frequently asked questions, resources, and Q&A webinars with Chopra Center Educators.
The program includes content in written, audio and video formats. Participants will have lifetime access to the online course content.
Participants should purchase these books prior to the start of the Primordial Sound Meditation Online Enrichment Program, as they will be referenced throughout. The books listed below can be ordered from Amazon or other retailers (some books may be available as audio). We also encourage participants to begin reading these books as soon as they enroll. The books that are recommended are:
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga by Dr. Deepak Chopra and Dr. David Simon
- Mantra Yoga and Primal Sound: Secret of Seed (Bija) Mantras by Dr. David Frawley (Pandit Vamadeva Shastri)
- Shankara’s Crest Jewel of Discrimination as translated by Swami Prabhavananda and Christopher Isherwood
- The Upanishads as translated by Eknath Easwaran
- The Bhagavad Gita as translated by Eknath Easwaran
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali as translated by Alistair Shearer
- Perfect Health by Deepak Chopra
Basic Technical Requirements
The basic equipment needed for the online course is a computer or mobile device, internet access, microphone, speakers, and web camera. The live Q&A calls can also be accessed by phone.
Note: Information is subject to change.