Program Start Date: March 13, 2019
The Chopra Center's Primordial Sound Meditation Online Enrichment Program is an in depth Vedic meditation course and is the prerequisite to the Chopra Center Primordial Sound Meditation Online Certification Program. Led by Dr. Deepak Chopra and a faculty of master educators, this program will take you on a journey that will enhance your own meditation practice and spiritual life, and provide the foundation for sharing these practices with others in your community.
Through the Enrichment Program, you will learn the history of meditation; the basics of meditation; mantra techniques; how to lead a group meditation; Ayurvedic concepts; Vedic philosophy; and Higher States of Consciousness. Participants will also explore research, studies, and meditation’s practical aspects, among other insights. Here’s an overview of what you’ll learn in the Primordial Sound Meditation Online Enrichment Program.
- Get an overview of the course – learn what you can expect from this transformational experience.
- Meet your instructors – and find out how they knew they were called to teach, how they'll support you as you walk the same path, and how they define success in this program.
- Learn more about the origins of meditation – along with mantra practice, lineage, and Deepak’s history with the practice.
- Become familiar with Vedanta – learn more about this ancient philosophy, the foundation of Primordial Sound Meditation.
- Discover valuable tools designed to support you in this course – including how to use the online learning platform, course dashboard, online forums, and more.
Session Two: Introduction to Meditation
- Dive deeper into the origins and benefits of Primordial Sound Meditation – and how to articulate them to students with ease.
- Understand the science behind meditation – and why it makes you feel better and has such a powerful, lasting effect on your health and well-being.
- Discover the cycle of karma, memory, and desire – and meditation's unique role in freeing us from that conditioning.
- Understand meditation's key role in integrating and balancing all the layers of your life – so that your body, mind, heart, intellect, and spirit flow in harmony.
- Learn the ancient principles of Advaita – the ultimate path to spiritual realization and universal connection.
Session Three: Vedanta and Ayurveda
- Explore the nature and infinite power of consciousness – including its fundamental existence in the universe and how it projects in our life as our body, our mind, our environment, and our universe.
- Discover the ancient mind-body health system of Ayurveda – designed to expand self-awareness and cultivate an inner state of balance.
- Learn the philosophy and core teachings of Vedanta – a timeless wisdom and path to silence and ultimately to our true nature, which is pure, unbounded consciousness.
- Engage in a deep exploration of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – including the eight limbs of yoga, offering us a map and tools for awakening to our higher self.
Session Four: Mantra Techniques
- Uncover the origin and purpose of mantras – and learn several ancient mantras used for specific purposes.
- Understand the healing qualities of sound – and learn to align yourself and your students with the vibrations that foster health, happiness, and unity.
- Expand your understanding of food as medicine – including Ayurvedic principles for eating for health and balance.
Session Five: Perfecting the Practice
- Discover expert tips to help your students simplify meditation and overcome common barriers – including what to do to prepare for a session, how to schedule meditation into your busy day, timing meditations, what to do when noises or thoughts intrude, and more.
- Master special types of meditations – including guided, walking, eating meditations, as well group sessions.
- Learn how to help your students manage expectations around the meditation experience – including what may or may not happen during meditation, immediately after meditation, and as a cumulative effect of a sustained meditation practice.
- Create an optimal daily routine – and learn how following the wisdom of Ayurveda can also help promote restful sleep and vibrant energy.
Session Six: Higher States of Consciousness
- Explore the seven higher states of consciousness – and how to use meditation to go beyond limited awareness and tap into the infinite field of all possibilities.
- Learn how to teach the higher states of consciousness – to help others expand their awareness and increase their capacity for love and joy.
- Discover emotional release techniques – to take your meditation practice to the next level and become a clear vessel for facilitating transformation in others.
Session Seven: Vedic Philosophy and Conclusion of the Enrichment Program
- Understand meditation in the greater context – through the study of the Upanishads.
- Experience the highest benefits of meditation for the mind, body, and soul – including allowing it to activate your inner pharmacy, deepening your self-understanding and expanding your consciousness.
- Review key principles from Sessions 1–7 – and fully integrate this rich material.
Each session will include guided meditations, yoga and pranayama practices, reflection questions, student frequently asked questions, resources, and Q&A webinars.
Course Materials and Resources
The Enrichment Program is highly interactive and engaging. You will enjoy connecting with your cohort on a regular basis and learning from master educators through interactive webinars. In the Primordial Sound Meditation Online Enrichment Program, you can look forward to:
- Working in smaller study groups with the teacher-training faculty
- Connecting with peers
- Participating in live Q&A calls and webinars with master educators
- Communicating through exclusive Facebook communities and community forums
You will have lifetime access to the course platform and materials, allowing you to return to them as a reference and guide for years to come.
Participants should purchase these books prior to the start of the Primordial Sound Meditation Online Enrichment Program, as they will be referenced throughout. The books listed below can be ordered from Amazon or other retailers. We also encourage participants to begin reading these books as soon as they enroll. The books that are recommended are:
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga by Dr. Deepak Chopra and Dr. David Simon
- Mantra Yoga and Primal Sound: Secret of Seed (Bija) Mantras by Dr. David Frawley (Pandit Vamadeva Shastri)
- Shankara’s Crest Jewel of Discrimination as translated by Swami Prabhavananda and Christopher Isherwood
- The Upanishads as translated by Eknath Easwaran
- The Bhagavad Gita as translated by Eknath Easwaran
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali as translated by Alistair Shearer
- Perfect Health by Deepak Chopra
If you have additional questions about the course, call 760-494-1639 or send an email to email@example.com.
*You will receive a total of $500 off the combined total cost of Enrichment and Certification ($400 off Enrichment and $100 off certifications). This offer applies to current website pricing and new enrollments only.
How to comment on a topic: Click on the topic title to open the page, type your post, and then click on the orange "Submit" button to make your comment. When each session opens, a new topic link will be added.
How to submit a question for a live Q&A Call: If you would like to be considered to discuss your question on one of the Course's live calls, please note on your comment that you would like your question to be submitted for the call.
How to read other participants' posts: Scroll down to see all the participant posts within a topic.
To reply and share your thoughts to someone's post: Click the "Reply" button on the right-hand side and type your comment in the box that appears.
To edit or delete your comments and replies: Click on the "Edit" button next to your comment and make your changes.
We invite you to share your experiences, ask questions, learn more, and have fun!
Thank you for joining us! This community forum is a space for you to learn, discover, and connect with others on a shared journey to overcoming the barriers that have held you back and tapping into the magic that is your birthright.
Please make sure to support each other, no spam, no negativity, and no making offers.
This community forum is a positive place for support and to move you forward towards your life's purpose.
Uphold the intention of this group.
Violating these rules will result in your comments being deleted and being banned, so respect others, add value, and bring your best self to this group!
By participating in this group you agree to our Terms of Participation:
Chopra Center for Wellbeing programs are high quality, interactive, and transformative. To fully experience and gain the most benefit from our programs, you agree to abide by the following:
Privacy & Confidentiality:
- We respect your privacy and must insist that you respect the privacy of fellow Program participants.
- We respect your confidential and proprietary information ideas, plans and trade secrets (collectively, "Confidential Information") and must insist that you respect the same rights of fellow Program participants and of the Company.
Thus, you agree:
- not to infringe any Program- participants or the Company's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights;
- that any Confidential Information shared by Program participants or any representative of the Company is confidential and Proprietary, and belongs solely and exclusively to the Participant who discloses it or the Company;
- not to disclose such information to any other person or use it in any manner other than in discussion with other Program participants during Program sessions;
- that all materials and information provided to you by the Company are its confidential and proprietary intellectual property belong solely and exclusively to the Company, and may only be used by you as authorized by the Company;
- the reproduction, distribution and sale of these materials by anyone but the Company is strictly prohibited;
- not to post links soliciting your services or services of anyone else within our digital communities, live events or gatherings.
- to conduct yourself with professional courtesy and integrity and to refrain from negative behavior while participating in our training.
- that if you violate, or display any likelihood of violating, any of your agreements contained in this paragraph the Company and/or the other Program participant(s) will be entitled to injunctive relief to prohibit any such violations to protect against the harm of such violations. Additionally we reserve the right to remove you from our trainings, digital communities or events if we believe you have breached these Terms of Participation.
- While you are free to discuss your personal results from our programs and training, you must keep the experiences and statements, oral or written, of all other participants in the strictest of confidence.
- Program education and information is intended for a general audience and does not purport to be, nor should it be construed as, specific advice, therapy or counseling tailored to any individual.
- All materials, procedures, policies, and standards, all teaching manuals, all teaching aids, all supplements and the like that have been or will be made available by Deepak Chopra, Chopra Center for Wellbeing, or designated facilitators, or any other source, oral or written, are for personal use in or in conjunction with this training program only.
- Program content is for personal use only, and may not be sold, tape recorded, videotaped, shared, taught, given away, or otherwise divulged without the express written consent of Chopra Center for Wellbeing, or its designated agent.
- The information contained in program material is strictly for educational purposes. Therefore, if you wish to apply ideas contained in this material, you are taking full responsibility for your actions.
- We assume no responsibility for errors or omissions that may appear in any program materials.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org any/all Customer Service questions - Customer Service questions will be deleted from this forum to keep this a pure space for inspiration, engagement, and discovery.
Welcome to the Community! This is a private forum where you can:
- Meet other course participants around the world
- Deepen your course experience
- Ask for feedback and support others
- Submit your questions for the live calls
Here is some useful information that will help you make the most of the community ...