Master the teachings of Ayurveda with Deepak Chopra and renowned educators – from anywhere in the world
Program Start Date: December 16, 2020
The Perfect Health: Ayurvedic Lifestyle Online Certification Program is the Chopra Center’s foundational teacher training in the principles and practices of Ayurveda and mind-body health. Established by Chopra Center co-founders Deepak Chopra M.D. and David Simon, M.D., the Perfect Health: Ayurvedic Lifestyle Online Certification Program is a deep immersion in Ayurveda and Vedanta, a timeless philosophy for living in balance, healing mind, body, and spirit, and moving from constriction to expansion.
Dive into the Infinite Wisdom of Ayurveda and Vedanta
For more than 15 years, participants from around the world have traveled to the Chopra Center to attend this renowned teacher training program and share these transformational teachings with their own communities. We are offering the renowned Perfect Health: Ayurvedic Lifestyle Certification Program in an online format.
No matter where you are in the world, you will be able to deepen your own understanding of Ayurveda and learn to teach the practical tools that create physical health and emotional well-being.
If your desire is to become a fully certified Chopra Center Perfect Health: Ayurvedic Lifestyle instructor, ready to teach these practices to other people – the Certification Program was designed for you. The Certification Program continues where the Enrichment Program leaves off, with additional in-depth sessions and required testing and evaluations that will enable you to become a certified Perfect Health: Ayurvedic Lifestyle instructor.
In the Certification Program, you'll learn how to teach the Chopra Center’s signature Perfect Health classes. The topics covered in the Certification Program include advanced Ayurvedic content, philosophy, and techniques; Ayurvedic pathology; vastu; chakras; Sanskrit study; the art of teaching; public-speaking skills; methods for facilitating group classes, workshops, retreats, and one-on-one consultations; teaching to specialty groups; and marketing and business best practices.
As a Certification Program participant, you'll also take part in exclusive live webinars with Chopra Center Advisory Board members and have access to Certified Instructor resources and benefits. Sessions will include guided meditations, yoga and advanced pranayama practices, reflection questions, student frequently asked questions, interactive groups, resources, and live Q&A calls. Each session includes content in video, audio, and written formats.
Participants who apply to the Certification Program should have a daily practice of the Primordial Sound Meditation technique before the start of the scheduled teacher training. They should also establish a routine of daily Ayurvedic practices, in accordance with their dosha type. In addition, those planning to become certified instructors are required to have completed the Enrichment Program, as well as the Perfect Health Online Course.
When you become a Chopra Center Perfect Health: Ayurvedic Lifestyle Certified Instructor, you can expect:
- Breakthroughs in your own inner growth and evolution – as you master the principles of Ayurveda at the deepest levels.
- Curriculum developed by Dr. Deepak Chopra and Dr. David Simon – and the highest quality instruction from Chopra Center educators and board-certified medical doctors who specialize in Ayurveda.
- Exceptional support from our entire staff – who are as invested in and dedicated to your success as you are.
- Connection to our Chopra Center community of like-minded people from around the world – with friendships that continue long after you're certified.
- Ongoing education and support after graduation – including monthly Instructor Webinars with renowned guest speakers and Chopra Center Advisory Board members sharing the latest research, advanced Ayurvedic teachings, and continuing education opportunities.
- Inclusion in the Chopra Center's online Find-a-Teacher Network – providing you with valuable referral opportunities.
- Access to turn-key marketing materials – including content for written and online templates for flyers, brochures, and banners available through our Teachers Resources portal.
- Content for your classes – Chopra Center materials to support your students, PowerPoint presentation templates, and other content to enhance your teaching experiences.
- Your reputation linked with the Chopra Center's – the gold standard in the field of mind-body medicine.
- Extended discounts on Chopra Center products, events, trainings, and online programs – and special, exclusive offers you can share with your friends and students.
- Invitations to annual teachers retreats with Deepak Chopra and Advisory Board Members – exclusively for Chopra Center certified instructors.
Join the Group of Mindful, Highly-Trained Chopra Center Perfect Health Certified Instructors Who Are Transforming Lives Around the World
Thousands from around the world have dedicated themselves to learning, sharing, teaching, and mastering the curricula created by Dr. Deepak Chopra and Dr. David Simon. And wherever you live, whatever you do – you can, too.
What Will I Learn?
Continuing on from the Perfect Health: Ayurvedic Lifestyle Online Enrichment Program, the Perfect Health: Ayurvedic Lifestyle Online Certification Program provides a deep dive into the timeless wisdom of Ayurveda and Vedanta. You will discover how to create healthier habits, heal your mind-body system from the inside out, and deepen your connection to spirit.
You will not only transform your life through these teachings, but you will also gain the skills and confidence to inspire your friends, family, and community to do the same – bringing you a sense of clear purpose, greater meaning, and deep fulfillment each and every day.
Course Topics Include:
- How to teach the Chopra Center's signature Perfect Health classes, including basic pranayama and meditation techniques
- Advanced Ayurvedic principles
- Foundations of Vedic philosophy
- In-depth study of the doshas and subdoshas
- Ayurvedic pathology
- Introduction to vastu
- Chakras, nadis, and srotas
- Basic pulse and physiology assessments
- Advanced pranayama techniques
- Sanskrit study
- The art of teaching and presentation
What Is Included in the Training?
The training is comprised of sessions that include video, audio, and written materials; Q&A webinars with instructors; guided meditations; yoga and pranayama practices; reflection questions; student frequently asked questions; downloadable resources; interactive groups; and community discussion forums for participants to interact with each other and with instructors.
During the course, you will cultivate your own daily practices as you learn how to share the wisdom and practical tools of Ayurveda with your community. As a certified instructor, you will be qualified to teach the beautifully designed five-lesson process of the Chopra Center’s signature Perfect Health retreat, which leads people sequentially through the foundation and practical application of mind-body health and Ayurveda. You will be able to set up, market, and teach sessions and classes in a manner and frequency that works with your schedule.
When you enroll in the Chopra Center's Perfect Health: Ayurvedic Lifestyle Online Certification Program, you will receive:
- Multimedia lessons taught by Deepak Chopra and renowned Chopra Center educators
- Instruction in how to teach each of the five lessons in the Chopra Center’s Perfect Health course
- Access to a robust library of resources, including videos, articles, studies, and more
- Detailed overviews for each session, including key topics, important dates, and study guides and tips
- Live Q&A calls and video conferences where you can ask your questions and learn more
- Small online study groups to learn in a group setting
- A private Facebook group and a Community forum to connect with your instructors and fellow students
- Marketing materials
- Ongoing training, marketing support, and business development
Please see the course syllabus for full details.
We encourage you to apply for the Perfect Health: Ayurvedic Lifestyle Online Certification Program—so you can start immersing yourself in the teachings of Ayurveda and Vedanta and be prepared when the online course begins.
What Can I Do with This Certification?
The graduates of our Perfect Health: Ayurvedic Lifestyle Online Certification Program use their credentials to teach in a wide variety of settings, including schools, corporations, universities, wellness centers, hospitals, and private clinics. Some certified Perfect Health teachers offer private, one-on-one instruction, while others teach large groups or lead retreats. Many instructors integrate the teachings and practices of Ayurveda into their existing professional offerings. For example, doctors, chiropractors, yoga instructors, life coaches, and therapists use the tools and teachings of Ayurveda to deepen and expand their work with patients and clients.
Many graduates have also shared how the certification has enriched their personal lives, allowing them to decrease stress and improve their own health and well-being. As you can see, there are many ways to apply the Perfect Health: Ayurvedic Lifestyle Online Certification Program and benefit from its teachings in your life and work.
As a Perfect Health instructor, you will be able to set up, market, and teach classes in a manner and frequency that works with your schedule. Chopra Center Certifications provides ongoing training, marketing support, and business development. You will also receive guidance through our monthly webinars and newsletters, as well as access to our international referral service. In addition, certified instructors receive substantial discounts on all Chopra Center events, workshops, programs, and products.
If you want to take the next step in deepening your own daily practices, or you aspire to share these timeless teachings with your community, we are now accepting applications.
“I enrolled because I had an internal hunger to know more and to develop strong meditative and Ayurvedic practices in my own life that I could model to others. I walked away with a whole new level of understanding of what to do to get my own body in balance and the confidence to lead others in this lifestyle – plus, unexpectedly deep friendships with the like-minded souls I met along the way!”—April W.
“This opens up a whole new understanding about yourself and your health and well-being. It gives you new answers. It makes you so much more positive about your health and what you have to share with others. In a word, it’s empowering.”—Clara F.
“Working 17 years in the pharmaceutical research and development industry, I never imagined I would be here. My path, with all its twist and turns, has led me to a new awakening. I am so excited, as I have gained a new life of serenity and peace that I can now share with others.”—Ilvia P.
“The connection and constant support from everyone floored me. Expectations were high, but the safety nets and nudges of ‘You know this, you have studied, and you will succeed!’ made it less stressful and a fun experience for me. Everyone has a different style of learning and interacting, and there was support for everyone here!”—Jackson B.
Teacher Training Faculty
Throughout this extraordinary immersion in Ayurveda and Vedanta, you will receive instruction from world-renowned experts in mind-body medicine, including:
- Deepak Chopra, M.D., F.A.C.P. – Co-founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing
- Sheila Patel, M.D. – Chopra Center Medical Director
- Suhas Kshirsagar, B.A.M.S., M.D. (Ayurveda)
- Valencia Porter, M.D., M.P.H., F.A.C.N.– Chopra Center Director of Integrative Medicine
- Mona Saint, M.D., M.P.H. – Chopra Center certified Perfect Health instructor
- Roger Gabriel – Chopra Center educator
- Eddie Stern – renowned instructor of yoga asana, pranayama, and philosophy
- Manjula Nadarajah – Chopra Center educator
The faculty also includes other Chopra Center educators and certified instructors.