Travel, Transportation & Accommodations
Where does Seduction of Spirit take place?
Seduction of Spirit takes place at beautiful Dreams Resort, Las Mareas, Costa Rica.
How do I get to Costa Rica and to Dreams Resort?
Please make your travel arrangements to fly into Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (LIR) Liberia, Costa Rica between July 6th and July 17th. Transportation for arrival and for departure through Amstar shuttle is included in Seduction of Spirit. Transportation through Amstar is included ONLY from LIR during the above dates and excludes all other locations and days. Your Program Consultant will reach out to you for travel information 90 days prior to Seduction of Spirit. Travel time from the Liberia airport to Dreams resort is approximately 1.5 hours.
What to Bring on a Meditation and Yoga Retreat?
We know preparing for time away can feel a bit daunting, and we want to support you to arrive feeling eager and confident. Click here to see a checklist of what to pack.
What currency does the hotel accept?
Dreams Resort accepts the US Dollar, Costa Rican Colon, as well as many major credit cards. Please call your credit card company and bank to let them know you will be traveling to the area. There are currency exchange locations at most major airports, however it is advised that you exchange your money at your local airport prior to traveling.
- Passports must be valid for the length of your stay in the country (Department of State recommends that if your passport expires within six months of your travel dates you should renew it), must have one blank page per entry stamp, and may be refused if damaged.
- Driver’s license or Identification card (recommend photo copies of each side).
- Proof of immigration status.
- Return ticket or proof of onward travel to another country.
- Proof of yellow fever vaccination if arriving from certain countries
- A Visa is required if staying more than 90 days (current Visa requirements).
- Proof of funds for at least $100 USD per month of proposed stay.
- Departure tax of $29.00 (may be included in your plane ticket – check with your airline).
- Information on permitted Items.
- On your flight you will fill out the required Immigration and Customs forms (one per household) to be presented to Immigrations and Customs along with your passport after you depart the aircraft.
Additional Travel Information
Calle 98, Via 104
San Jose, Costa Rica
+ (506) 2519-2000
Emergency After Hours + (506) 2220-3127
- Costa Rican currency is the Colon, however often USD is accepted. Current exchange rates.
- Health Information
- US Department of State Costa Rica Factsheet
- Local Weather
- What to Bring can be found in our FAQ and the CDC Healthy Travel Packing List for Travelers to Costa Rica. CDC information on preventing insect bites is listed here.
- For those traveling from the US and Canada, electric converters will not be needed in Costa Rica as they have the same outlets as these countries
Transportation Once You Arrive to the Liberia, Costa Rica Airport
After you turned in your flight information to your program consultant you will receive confirmation for your transportation to the hotel.
Once you have arrived at the airport and made your way through customs, a licensed and welcoming representative from Amstar Transportation will greet you and take care of your ground transportation to Dreams Las Mareas Resort & Spa. We have attached an illustrated Amstar Transportation guide here who will take you through this easy process.
If you have any questions once you have arrived in Costa Rica, please use the phone numbers below to speak with a friendly bilingual Amstar representative:
Miguel Valdelomar +506 8424-4536
Andres Castro +506 8347-4552
Dreams Spa by Pevonia®
We recommend checking in to Dreams Resort one to two days before or after Seduction of Spirit in order to take advantage of the relaxing spa offerings.
Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia®. The on-site spa at Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica offers à la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent.
Buena Vista Excursion (Optional)
The Chopra Center has teamed up with Amstar to bring you a custom excursion experience during Seduction of Spirit. Enjoy zip-lining through the transitional forest of Guanacaste, followed by a visit to La Fonda ranch to see how locals use a clay oven to make delicious Guanacaste pastries served with sugar cane juice. Then take a ‘Coffee Tour’ and learn from a knowledgeable guide about the area’s high-quality coffee beans growing in the volcanic soil. Enjoy a stop at the ‘Guaitil Pottery Studio’ for an exhibition of how indigenous artisans have made clay pottery for generations, and finish it off at a natural spa where you will enjoy mud baths and hot springs. Additional charge to participate. Excursions are first come, first served and have limited capacity. Please contact your Program Consultant to register.
Seasonal Weather Averages
July is a great month for Costa Rica weather. The average temperature along the Pacific coast of Costa Rica is between 70 and 90 degrees in the month of July. Please keep in mind that Seduction of Spirit is held both indoors and outdoors and pack accordingly.
Primordial Sound Meditation Online Course
Practicing Primordial Sound Meditation is the foundation of Seduction of Spirit therefore you must have received your personal mantra before you attend the Seduction of Spirit retreat. We have included access to the online Primordial Sound Meditation Online Course as a tool to establish, or refresh your own Primordial Sound Meditation practice prior to joining us at Seduction of Spirit. If you have already received your Primordial Sound Mantra, you can use this course as a refresher or gift it to a friend.
You will need to create an account at chopra.com to access the online course. If you already have an account, you can proceed directly to registering for the Primordial Sound Mediation online course.
Pre-Event Kit (Optional)
View Pre-Event Kit Here
Suggested Reading List
Chopra Center co-founders Deepak Chopra and David Simon have authored more than 80 books in over 25 languages with close to 30 million copies in print worldwide. In many cases, it was one of their books that inspired the workshop, retreat, program, or seminar. We suggest you read the following book(s) prior to attending so that you can get the most out of your experience. All books are available at our store at chopra.com and at booksellers everywhere.
- Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, by Deepak Chopra, M.D.
- How to Know God, by Deepak Chopra, M.D.
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga, by Deepak Chopra, M.D. & David Simon, M.D.
Sample menus are available. Click here. These menus are subject to change. The restaurants can accommodate most special meal requests.