Travel, Transportation & Accommodations
Where does Seduction of Spirit take place?
Seduction of Spirit takes place at beautiful Dreams Resort, Las Mareas, Costa Rica.
What do I need to know about traveling to Costa Rica?
- Passports must be valid for the length of your stay in the country (Department of State recommends that if your passport expires within six months of your travel dates you should renew it), must have one blank page per entry stamp, and may be refused if damaged.
- Driver’s license or Identification card (recommend photo copies of each side).
- Proof of immigration status.
- Return ticket or proof of onward travel to another country.
- Proof of yellow fever vaccination if arriving from certain countries
- A Visa is required if staying more than 90 days (current Visa requirements).
- Proof of funds for at least $100 USD per month of proposed stay.
- Departure tax of $29.00 (may be included in your plane ticket – check with your airline).
- Information on permitted Items.
- On your flight you will fill out the required Immigration and Customs forms (one per household) to be presented to Immigrations and Customs along with your passport after you depart the aircraft.
Additional Travel Information
Calle 98, Via 104
San Jose, Costa Rica
+ (506) 2519-2000
Emergency After Hours + (506) 2220-3127
- Costa Rican currency is the Colon, however often USD is accepted. Current exchange rates.
- Health Information
- US Department of State Costa Rica Factsheet
- Local Weather
- What to Bring can be found in our FAQ and the CDC Healthy Travel Packing List for Travelers to Costa Rica. CDC information on preventing insect bites is listed here.
- For those traveling from the US and Canada, electric converters will not be needed in Costa Rica as they have the same outlets as these countries
How do I get to Costa Rica and to Dreams Resort?
Please make your travel arrangements to fly into Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (LIR) Liberia, Costa Rica between July 6th and July 17th. Transportation for arrival and for departure through Amstar shuttle is included in Seduction of Spirit. Transportation through Amstar is included ONLY from LIR during the above dates and excludes all other locations and days. Your Program Consultant will reach out to you for travel information 90 days prior to Seduction of Spirit. Travel time from the Liberia airport to Dreams resort is approximately 1.5 hours.
Dreams Spa by Pevonia®
We recommend checking in to Dreams Resort one to two days before or after Seduction of Spirit in order to take advantage of the relaxing spa offerings.
Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia®. The on-site spa at Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica offers à la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent.
Buena Vista Excursion (Optional)
The Chopra Center has teamed up with Amstar to bring you a custom excursion experience during Seduction of Spirit. Enjoy zip-lining through the transitional forest of Guanacaste, followed by a visit to La Fonda ranch to see how locals use a clay oven to make delicious Guanacaste pastries served with sugar cane juice. Then take a ‘Coffee Tour’ and learn from a knowledgeable guide about the area’s high-quality coffee beans growing in the volcanic soil. Enjoy a stop at the ‘Guaitil Pottery Studio’ for an exhibition of how indigenous artisans have made clay pottery for generations, and finish it off at a natural spa where you will enjoy mud baths and hot springs. Additional charge to participate. Excursions are first come, first served and have limited capacity. Please contact your Program Consultant to register.
Primordial Sound Meditation Course
Paid tuition to The Chopra Center’s Primordial Sound Meditation On-Demand Course is included as part of the Seduction of Spirit course to enrich both your experience at Seduction of Spirit and also the quality of your life.
If you have not already received your Primordial Sound Mantra, this course is a prerequisite to attend the event and will prepare you to fully understand the teachings offered at Seduction of Spirit. If you have already received your Primordial Sound Mantra, you can use this course as a refresher or gift it to a friend.
You will need to create an account at chopra.com to access the online course. If you already have an account, you can proceed directly to registering for the Primordial Sound Mediation online course.
Pre-Event Kit (Optional)
View Pre-Event Kit Here
Suggested Reading List
Chopra Center co-founders Deepak Chopra and David Simon have authored more than 80 books in over 25 languages with close to 30 million copies in print worldwide. In many cases, it was one of their books that inspired the workshop, retreat, program, or seminar. We suggest you read the following book(s) prior to attending so that you can get the most out of your experience. All books are available at our store at chopra.com and at booksellers everywhere.