Q. Where do I find lodging and transportation information?
A. Hotel, Transportation, and Parking is located below.
- Check-in time is 4:00 p.m.; check-out time is 11:00 a.m. All guests arriving before 4:00 p.m. will be accommodated as rooms become available. Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa Guest Service Staff can arrange to check baggage for those arriving early when rooms are unavailable and for guests attending functions on departure day.
- Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa requires that all reservations be guaranteed by a valid major credit card, which will be supplied at the time of reservation.
- Please note: the discounted Chopra Center room rates are available on a first come, first served basis and are based upon availability. The Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa does not guarantee that the Chopra Center room rate will be honored once the block of discounted rooms are filled or once the deadline to reserve a room has passed, whichever comes first.
- For all-inclusive packaged events: If you cancel within 21 days of the start date of your all-inclusive event you will be charged an accommodations cancellation fee. The cancellation fee varies per event. Please refer to your confirmation e-mail for the specific amount.
(800) 316-4140 (ask for the Chopra Center discount)
Website: Unique Transportation
Contact Reservations directly at 800-316-4140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your ground transportation. Unique Transportation is a “green” company, offering fuel-economy vehicles. Chopra Center guests receive a discounted rate each way to/from the San Diego Airport. Curbside pickup is $85. Airport meet and greet inside is $95.
Super Shuttle: (previously called Cloud Nine Shuttle)
800-BLUE-VAN (Discount code AGC7J for Chopra Center)
Website: Super Shuttle
Chopra Center guests receive a discounted rate of $50.00 for a shared ride, and $85.00 for sedan or SUV each way to/from the San Diego Airport. Reservations can be accepted online or by calling 800-BLUE-VAN to book your transportation.
Hertz Rental Car
(800) 654-2240 (in the US and Canada)
(405) 749-4434 (outside of the US and Canada)
Hertz is offering car rentals at discounted rates for Chopra Center guests. Please ensure the following Convention Number (CV)04UW0005 is entered under the option to Enter a Discount or Promo code at Hertz Website when booking your reservation.
Day use parking is complimentary for all guests.
A. Information on seasonal weather, packing suggestions, yoga, seating and meals is located below.
Winter has average highs around 63°F and lows around 45°F degrees.
Spring has average highs around 65°F and lows around 52°F degrees.
Summer has average highs up to 85°F and lows around 63°F degrees.
Fall has average highs around 69°F and lows around 57°F degrees.
Current local weather:
Our workshops are held in both indoor & outdoor facilities and the temperature in the conference room will vary. Please dress in comfortable layers. You may want to bring sweaters, a light jacket, a hat/scarf, and a coat depending on the season and what you are accustomed to.
Be sure to bring comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, and a hat or sunglasses.
As a general courtesy to the other guests, we kindly ask that you refrain from wearing fragrances or scented products during the event.
Yoga classes will be suitable for beginners and intermediate students.
If you plan to attend yoga classes, please bring your yoga mat. Yoga mats will not be provided. Mats will be available for purchase at the Chopra Center store, Omni La Cost Spa and Livewell boutique.
Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing that allows for movement.
You may want to bring something light to eat for breakfast as the break can be brief between yoga and the first session.
Both chair and back-jack seating options will be available.
Remember, you will be sitting for longer periods than you may be accustomed to. You may want to bring a pillow or a blanket for your additional comfort.
Certified Teachers receive reserved seating. All other seating is unassigned.
If you have special dietary needs please contact your Program Consultant. Refer to your event Sample Schedule for a list of included meals.
You are encouraged to begin incorporating more vegetarian meals into your diet at least one week prior to attending the event. This will provide your body the opportunity to adjust to eating a more plant-based diet.
Q. Are there other ways to supplement my experience?
A. Details and suggestions on course preparation is located on the Pre-Event Checklist linked to your confirmation email, as well as on the event information webpage.