Do you have experience, passion, and knowledge in yoga, meditation, health, nutrition, or wellness? Are you interested in sharing your knowledge and experiences with the Chopra.com audience?
The Chopra Centered Lifestyle is a community for all of us who are interested in using the wisdom of yoga, meditation, Ayurveda, and mind-body balance to make our lives even better. This is a forum where we can share personal stories, best practices, recipes, and tips on how to live a healthy, balanced life.
Do you want to be a part of creating this community with us?
What We’re Looking for
We’re seeking diverse voices and experiences to feature. We want content from yoga and meditation instructors, Ayurvedic practitioners, holistic-minded physicians, nurses, nutritionists, personal growth specialists, and others who are passionate about living a healthy, balanced lifestyle. Here are some examples of the types of writers we want to include:
- Are you a Chopra Center certified instructor sharing the teachings of yoga, meditation, and Ayurveda in your community?
- Have you attended a Chopra Center event and changed your daily routine or outlook as a result?
- Are you a busy professional or parent who has personally benefited from incorporating mindfulness practices into your life?
- Have you read a book by Deepak Chopra or David Simon and been deeply influenced by their ideas and teachings?
- Do you have a wonderful Ayurvedic recipe, tip, or inspiring story to share?
- Are you an instructor, practitioner, nutritionist, therapist, or personal growth specialist with tips and advice to share?
If any of these apply to you, we want to hear from you!
What We Publish
We share articles that are helpful, accessible, and inspiring. Think of articles, blogs, and authors you follow and what you’ve been touched by in your own life. The Chopra Centered Lifestyle is a great place to share lessons learned, personal tips, and anything that could help make someone else’s life a little better.
Why Write for Us?
The Chopra Centered Lifestyle is a growing, new platform where you can reach new potential customers, boost your professional credibility, expand your network, drive traffic to your website, and connect with like-minded people. We encourage you to write a short biography and include links to your professional services, where relevant. In your article bio, we will include your picture, biography (up to 100 words), and up to two relevant links to your personal website or products. Once several articles have been published, we will build a longer bio page to further promote you. Our community is growing fast, and this is a great opportunity to be part of the newest health and wellbeing online destination!
Please review ALL of the guidelines and directions below. If you feel like your content and style match the Chopra Centered Lifestyle, we look forward to reviewing your submission.
- Original content. We publish original content that has not already been published on your personal website or other digital platforms.
- Word Count. Optimal article length is between 800 and 1,000 words. Keep in mind: length is lethal on the web and sometimes less is more.
- Type of Content. Here are some examples of the types of content we encourage:
- How-to’s … answer not only the “how” but the “why” something is important
- Instructional articles
- Yoga flows (photos helpful here)
- Beginner-oriented articles and videos, ie: how to get started in yoga/meditation
- Articles that imply a problem and offer a solution on how to fix it
- Numbers in the titles and numbered list-type articles
- Quick hits of information
- Straightforward information
- Tips/Ways/Strategies for people to improve their lives and grow somehow
- Nutrition tips and healthy recipes
- Lighter stories with some humor
- Success Stories
- Specific articles: solving specific problems or answering specific questions
- Seasonal content, relevant to time of year, holiday, weather, etc…
- Engaging infographics relevant to those interested in yoga, meditation, Ayurveda or wellness
For example: 10 Ways to De-stress Right Now, 20 Mindful Tips to Becoming a Better Parent, 7 Ways the Seven Spiritual Laws of Success Changed My Life, andHow to Make Gluten-Free, Nutrient-Rich Risotto
- Be Positive. This is a positive space so keep your tone upbeat. We want to share articles that are uplifting, helpful, and inspiring. We welcome stories of personal challenges as long as you share a silver lining, too.
- Chopra Philosophy. We will not publish content that is out of alignment with our philosophy. For example, tips on crash dieting, radical weight loss, and anything that does not support increased health, balance, and wellbeing is not a fit for us.
- Grammar, Spelling, and Style. Your writing must display a solid command of English grammar and spelling. Please follow AP Style Guide for specifics. Your content must also be clearly written and easy to follow. If you become a regular writer for the Chopra Centered Lifestyle, we will send you the Chopra.com Style and Voice Guide, so you can align more closely with our specific rules and writing style. For more tips on how to write for the web, visit our 10 Commandments of Web Writing.
- Attribution as Compensation. We “pay” in attribution … meaning, at the bottom of your article, your picture and biography will be featured along with relevant links back to your bio and website. Writing for us will help boost your credibility, search-ability, and drive traffic to your website. Authors will not be monetarily compensated for articles.
- No Promises. We cannot promise publication until we have a chance to review a submission.
- Terms and Conditions. By submitting your article for consideration, you are giving us: 1) rights to publish your content, and 2) permission to make adjustments to your content as our editors see fit.
Ready to Write? Here’s How to Submit
Send your article of 800–1,000 words to Editor@chopra.com. We’ll respond to you ONLY if your article has been accepted. Please make sure the file is a word document, and make sure to attach any photos you may have (and have rights to) that accompany your article.
- Include your full name and short bio. Optimal length for a bio is 50-70 words, max length is 100 words. Feel free to include up to two relevant links to your professional website or biography.
- Include an image of yourself for the About the Author section. Images should be at least 500x500 in size, have a clean background, and there should be some space around the main subject, without any parts of the head or shoulders cut off. Here is a good example.
- Please note that we have rights to edit your article to best suit our style and audience. This includes the possibility of editing or removing links within article.
Thank you for your interest in helping us to create this inspiring community! We are looking forward to reading your submissions.