The spring equinox is a time of rebirth for all life on our planet. As winter places us in a life of darkness, equinox comes to rejoice with more hours of sunlight. All life on Earth is dependent upon the sun. It’s not difficult to see that every living creature and plant is in celebration at the time of spring equinox. Birds sing praise, flowers open wide, bees dance, and babies of all species are born.
What does this mean for you? Spring is a beautiful reminder for us humans to transform ourselves as well as our home. You may feel energized and more alive than you have in months. This is because our sacred sun has returned to bring new beginnings and balance. While the day and night are in equal balance, the brain, body, and nature follow this lead naturally. Here are some ideas on how you can personally get the most from the spring equinox.
HomeYou have probably heard the term “spring cleaning” your entire life. This is because your ancestors knew the importance of the equinox and the role it plays even indoors. Here are some ways you can refresh your home environment.
- Open windows as often as possible this time of year. Welcome the new beginnings that seem to blow in through the breeze of a warm spring day.
- Go through your home from top to bottom, searching through every corner and getting rid of what you no longer use. Our house rule: If it hasn’t been used in a year, we don’t need it. Although there may be a few things that this rule does not apply to, it generally holds true for each home. Detach from these items, allowing room for new as well as space to feel uncluttered. This is one of the most important items on your spring to-do list.
- Deep clean your home, including windows, heat/AC filters, ceiling fans, etc.
- Have your children go through their toys. Give each child a box and allow them to fill the box on their own. This is a rebirth for them, as well as reducing work for you.
- Smudge your home after cleaning.
YouYou are just as much a part of nature as the tree you view from the window. With that said, flow with the natural balance that accompanies the rebirth of spring. What is your personal rebirth? This could be spiritual, physical, a new career, or relocating. These easy steps will allow you to discover what you would like to be top priority. Often in life, we are aware we want something to change, we may even know what we would like the end result to be, but what must we change first? What new, fresh idea is worthy of our attention?
- Meditate for 20 minutes each day. Begin the meditation by asking, “Who am I?” You may have asked as well as answered this question in previous meditations. This is a question that has an ever-evolving answer. The Universe may have a surprising answer for you this spring.
- Spend as much time in the sun as possible. Temperatures are warm and welcoming in the spring. The equinox sun has a vibrational energy that sparks liveliness and new ideas. Just be sure to protect yourself from the sun and soak safely.
- List the top three things in your life that you are ready to birth. While writing also visualize the end result.
- Practice the Law of Least Effort. Spring equinox is pure rebirth everywhere we look, so allow your mind and body to harmonize with this and release the thoughts that create paradox.
- Make time for Sun Salutations by appreciating the sun, giving thanks, and allowing your body to connect as one with the force.
- Establish a fun ritual with your family, such as celebrating with an outdoor activity that involves color. For some, this is the traditional egg hunt, but you can create your own unique household tradition. Painting flower pots for the birth of plants, planning a colorful meal where each guest brings a designated color, or planting seeds and marking each row with a colorful ribbon are all ideas.
- Revive youthfulness
- Increase brain activity
- Stimulate creativity
- Relieve stress
Energize your spirit for the new season with the ultimate well-being experience at the Chopra Whole Health Retreat.