- Clear away brain fog
- Ignite your digestive fire
- Rev up your energy
How you live your life is your silent message to others, and it touches people in ways you’ll never even know. This comes across in your actions toward others, but also in how you approach your everyday life. Your true message is less about “doing” and more about “being.” But the right actions help lead to your ideal state of being.
To better serve yourself and others through action, start your mornings or, better yet, your meditation sessions with two questions: “How can I help?” and “How can I serve?” This will plant the seed of that desire in your heart. The universe will hear you and will begin orchestrating just the right answer for you, so pay attention. Be alert to the signals around you. Then wait, knowing that the answer is in process and will be revealed at just the right time, in just the right way. These promptings can help you act in a way that sends a positive message to others.
So what’s your message? Does how you’re living your life say what you want to say? If not, these nine tips will help you get to where you want to be.
1. Focus on Being. Don’t let yourself get so lost in “doing” that you lose touch with what really matters. The best way to break free from that trap is to meditate. Every day. Tune in to the wisdom of your spirit and let it guide you. Oftentimes your spirit speaks through your body, so learn to listen to your body for its signals of comfort and discomfort. Trust those signals; the body never lies.
2. Pay attention to your thoughts. Notice the habitual thought patterns that keep running through your head. When you see a pattern that doesn’t reflect how you really want to live your life, then change it. Learn to use your mind instead of letting your mind run rampant without any control.
3. Speak only in ways that nurture. If critical thoughts arise, tune in to what your body is feeling and refrain from speaking. Conscious communication avoids the pitfalls of habitual responses.
4. Think outside the box. Find creative ways to work through tough situations. When a problem arises, look for a peaceful solution. If you can’t find a solution, ask your inner wisdom for guidance. Ask yourself, “How do you want me to do this?” Then follow that wisdom when it comes, whether you understand the logic or not.
5. Try to see the other person’s point of view. Sometimes, simply being understood opens the door to unexpected answers.
6. Have a generous heart. Wish for others everything you want for yourself. Be sensitive to their fears and concerns. Compassion leads to understanding, which leads to love, which leads to peace.
7. Let your heart lead you. Whenever you feel a loving impulse, follow it. Let your actions be an act of gratitude for your own blessings.
8. Share yourself, your talents, and your gifts in whatever ways you can. A generous heart is an abundant heart.
9. Expand your boundaries. Learn to see beyond the limitations that seem real, and empower yourself to push past those boundaries.
Actions always speak louder than words. As you live from your highest and best self, others will be inspired to do the same. What you do and how you do it sets an example others will follow, whether you know it or not. Your life is your message, and it will be heard.