09/21/2014 Mind-Body Health
While Vata types are sometimes teased for being “spacy” or overly sensitive, when they are in balance, Vatas are extraordinarily creative and open to the gifts of nature, intuition, compassion, laughter, and love. Find out more about why Vatas should count their blessings …
As someone who has a predominance of the Vata dosha in your mind-body constitution, you have many wonderful qualities that flow from the combination of the space and air elements that make up Vata. While Vata types are sometimes teased for being “spacy” or overly sensitive, when they are in balance, Vatas are extraordinarily creative and open to the gifts of nature, intuition, compassion, laughter, and love.
Today let’s celebrate the blessings of being a Vata. Here are just a few …
Not a Vata?
- Vata is the principle behind all movement and the force that generates thought. With your strong Vata dosha, you are blessed with a quick mind, and you’re bubbling with new ideas and creativity. You learn and grasp new information quickly. You’re able to see connections that others may miss, and your unique perspective allows you be innovative and imaginative. You have a deep capacity to get completely absorbed in the moment and the expression of your creativity, letting go of the constraints of time.
- Vata nature gives you an infectious enthusiasm for life. This enthusiasm naturally draws others to you. You enjoy laughing freely and are a lively, witty conversationalist. You’re friendly and open to new experiences and different perspectives, easily making friends with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Vatas tend to be emotionally sensitive and empathic. You easily pick up on energetic vibes and can feel whether someone’s words are aligned with their true feelings and intentions. This capacity can be extremely valuable in both your work and personal relationships. Your sensitivity may seem challenging at times, yet it is a magnificent gift. You can protect your sensitivity by practicing good self-care and setting clear boundaries around people and situations that drain your energy.
- Vatas may also be sensitive to sound and touch. Most Vatas enjoy a deep appreciation for music and the sounds of nature. This capacity for sensory pleasure can be a deep source of joy for you.
- Vatas are quick to feel, express, and let go of emotions. In the face of conflict, you seldom lash out at people or become vindictive; instead, you sincerely seek to find peaceful resolutions.
- Vata’s spontaneity and playful spirit keep life fresh. You love change, thrive on new experiences, and are willing to leap into the unknown, which is the field of all possibilities.
As you celebrate your dosha type, keep in mind that an individual will never perfectly match the description of one particular dosha. Your predominant dosha is Vata, yet you may be a bi-doshic type with strong Pitta or Kapha characteristics as well. Even two Vata types will never have the same exact physical and mental traits, yet the underlying Vata constitution will manifest some similarity in their bodies and minds.
We each contain a unique mixture of all three doshas—our own individual blend of space, air, fire, water, and earth. Remember, there is no “good” or “bad” dosha type—only balanced and imbalanced doshas. And the goal is always to explore ways to find balance in the mind and body so you can enjoy your full potential for vibrant health and happiness.