- Clear away brain fog
- Ignite your digestive fire
- Rev up your energy
This hearty vegetarian stew is full of flavor and ready in under an hour!
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon dill
- ½ tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Bragg Liquid Aminos or tamari
- 1 cup eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes, skin on
- 1 ½ medium Yukon gold potatoes, cubed, skin on
- 1 cup fresh tofu, firm or extra firm, cubed
- ½ teaspoon ghee or olive oil
- ½ cup leeks or onions, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced tomato
- ½ to 1 cup vegetable stock
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil or cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, ½ teaspoon allspice, the coriander, dill and ½ tablespoon aminos.
- Add the cubed eggplant, potatoes, and tofu and toss together with your hands until well coated. Place the vegetables and tofu on an oiled sheet pan and roast for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the leeks, black pepper, remaining teaspoon aminos, and remaining teaspoon allspice. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, red pepper, and tomato and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes. Add enough vegetable stock to just cover the tomato.
- Sauté another 3 to 4 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Add the roasted eggplant, potatoes, and tofu.
- Add more stock if necessary. Add the fresh basil or cilantro just before serving.
Nutritional Facts Per 1½-cup serving
- Calories 318
- Total fat 8.6
- Saturated fat 0.7
- Carbohydrates 40.1g
- Protein 19.8g
- Serves 2
- Prep 25m
- Cook 13m
- Total Time 38m