As parents of a toddler, we are often working and creating recipes that are both healthy and delicious for him to enjoy. We decided to give it a try with our take on mini-muffins, vegan and gluten-free!
On a cold Saturday afternoon, we prepared these muffins, and they seem to be toddler-approved! My husband and I also served them for a brunch we shared with friends at our home. We used blueberries and cranberries, but you could substitute for other berries as well, such as raspberries or strawberries. I keep coming back to the memories made when preparing and sharing meals together; it’s a special time and I find is a wonderful way to start discussions, share stories, and allow laughter to fill our home.
Vegan, Gluten-Free Berry Mini Muffins
The sweetness of these muffins is a delightful treat and the scent that fills the air as they bake is delightful as well. The flavor of the warm berries evoke a sense of warmth.
Makes 40 mini muffins
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (e.g. cashew milk)
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup coconut or date sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries and/or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two mini muffin pans with liners
- In a large mixing bowl, add oat flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the vanilla to the cashew milk and mix.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until combined.
- Add in blueberries and cranberries
- Pour equal sized portions into lined mini muffin pans
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
I hope that you find ease and joy in cooking simple, delicious meals and snacks for yourself and your family, and make beautiful memories in the process.