What we eat and drink seasonally can have a profound effect on our bodies, either aggravating or pacifying our Doshas. During the summer, it’s imperative that we prioritize consuming foods and beverages with cooling qualities to soothe any excess heat accumulated from the summer season. We all love a refreshing summer beverage, and it’s important that we choose one that is equally balancing as it is delicious. Here are a few of our favorite Pitta Balancing Beverages to sip all summer long.
Cucumber Mint Cooler
- 1 Cucumber chopped and juiced (or blended and strained)
- 1 Cup organic coconut water
- A few leaves of fresh mint
- Chop the mint leaves and muddle them with a mortar and pestle until they are crushed and release an aroma. Place at the bottom of a glass.
- Rinse, chop, and juice your cucumber. If you don’t have a juicer, you can use a high-powered blender and strain the mixture. Pour into your glass over the mint.
- Add a cup of coconut water to the mixture and stir. Optional to add a squeeze of lime for extra flavor. Sip fresh and enjoy.
Hibiscus Lime Refresher
- Tsp dried hibiscus leaves
- Tsp Tulsi
- 2 cups hot water
- Tsp raw honey
- Fresh mint
- ½ lime
- Place the hibiscus and Tulsi in a teapot or strainer. Pour hot water over the tea and let it steep for five minutes
- While the tea steeps, muddle a few leaves of fresh mint. Place at the bottom of a mug.
- When the tea has brewed, pour it over the mint leaves into a mug. When the mixture has cooled slightly, stir in the honey.
- Add the juice of ½ a lime and mix together.
- Allow the drink to cool before consuming. You can enjoy it at room temperature or chill it slightly in the fridge.
Pitta Pacifying Green Drink
- ½ cup aloe vera juice
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- ½ cup dandelion greens
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend on high for about a minute or until everything is thoroughly combined. Do not strain and enjoy fresh.