05/08/2014 Nutrition & Recipes
Chopra Center's Mediterranean Pasta is full of vegetables and flavor!
- ½ teaspoon ghee or olive oil
- ½ cup chopped leeks or onions
- ½ tablespoon Bragg Liquid Aminos or tamari
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup artichoke
- ½ cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ⅛ cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup watercress or red Swiss chard, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped Kalamata olives
- ¼ pound fresh pasta or 6 ounces dried pasta, cooked and drained
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Handful of pine nuts
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil and add the leeks, aminos, pepper, thyme, basil, and oregano.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, then add the asparagus, artichokes, green beans, and vegetable stock; stir and cover the pan and continue to simmer for 3 or 4 more minutes.
- Add the watercress, tomatoes, and additional stock, if necessary. Simmer until the greens are just wilted.
- Add the olives and serve over your favorite cooked pasta. Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the pasta before adding the sauce to add extra zest.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts.
Nutritional Facts Per 2-cup serving
- Calories 269
- Total fat 4.0
- Saturated fat 0.9
- Carbohydrates 47.8g
- Protein 10.3g
- Serves 2
- Prep 5m
- Cook 10m
- Total time 15m