This simple and delicious mango yogurt recipe is perfect for a healthful snack. This recipe gets its bold flavor from the mango purée and honey.
- ½ fresh mango
- ⅛ cup mango purée or applesauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or organic raw honey
- 1 pinch cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom
- ¾ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Cut the mango lengthwise on each side of the pit.
- Cut each half into cups inside the skin, then remove the cubes with a paring knife. In a mixing bowl, place the cubed mango and the fruit purée.
- Add the maple syrup and the spices. Add the yogurt and blend together well by hand or with a hand mixer. You can also do this in a food processor for a smooth finish.
- Serve for breakfast with fruit, granola, and hot cereal – or as a creamy sauce or a cooling side dish with an entrée.
Nutritional Facts Per ¾-Cup Serving
- Calories 178
- Total fat 1.5
- Saturated fat 0.8
- Carbohydrates 36.4g
- Protein 5.0g
- Serves 2
- Prep 5m
- Cook 5m
- Total time 10m
Share This Article