01/28/2019 Personal Growth
When you open yourself to love, when you live from love, and when you allow love to radiate to everyone you meet, your life will be filled with love. Here are eight loving practices you can try to bring more love into your life.
As the Beatles told us, “All you need is love” and how sure this is. Your highest vibration, your essence, who you really are, is pure love. When you love, you connect with the deepest part of yourself. The part of yourself which is always ready to present whatever you need in a perfect way, at exactly the right moment. If you make love the foundation of your actions, life flows. When you exclude love, life becomes a struggle.
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi expressed it beautifully when he said, “Love shall forever shine on our way and the light will guide our steps, whether we go slow or fast. The light of love shall forever be with us on our way. Love shall forever be the anchor of life. We shall be in love and love shall be in us. We shall live in love, shall grow in love and shall find fulfillment in love eternal.”
In his book The Path to Love, Deepak Chopra recommends a series of loving practices for you to incorporate into your life. Meditation is the greatest loving practice you can follow. Meditation directly connects you to your field of love and allows you to reinstate its beauty in your life.
Meditation and the other loving practices you’ll explore merge the inner and outer worlds to create a life of love. Here are eight loving practices you can try to bring more love into your life.
1. Purify the Heart Center
Pure love manifests in life through the Heart Center. Repressed stresses, emotions, doubts, and fears all distort or block the flow of pure love.
Your first practice is to purify the Heart Center so your life is filled with and guided by love. To do this, try the following meditation:
- Sit quietly, close your eyes, and simply be aware of your breathing.
- Now move your attention to your Heart Center in the middle of your chest.
- Be aware of the breath here. Not focusing or concentrating, just simple awareness.
- You may become aware of a soft light or warmth in this area, just continue breathing with it, resting your awareness in your Heart Center.
- Allow any repressed emotions, fears, doubts, or desires to spontaneously rise up. Simply notice them without judgment or evaluation and let them go. They no longer serve you.
- Do this for 5-10 minutes every day as is comfortable.
2. Awaken the Qualities of the Heart
At the end of the above exercise or separately, awaken or activate the qualities of your heart that may have been lying dormant with the following meditation:
- Still with your eyes closed and your awareness in your Heart Center, silently repeat each of the following words. Repeat each one 2-3 times, pause for a few seconds between each repetition before moving to the next:
- Don’t try to evaluate the meanings of the words, just repeat them and let them settle back into the silent field of Infinite Organizing Power.
- Allow these qualities to grow in your life. Let them radiate from your heart.
3. Ask for What You Want From Love
Love has many other qualities. It is healing, nurturing, and nourishing—bringing a renewing sparkle to your life. Love is also fearless, powerful, and invincible, allowing you to feel safe and secure. Love is also compassionate and harmonious, and dissolves all your doubts and worries.
This practice is to ask for what you want from love. Which quality is important to you right now? Choose from one of the above qualities you were repeating, or something else, then try this meditation:
- Sit quietly, close your eyes, bring your awareness into your Heart Center, and simply ask for what you want from love.
- Plant the seed of your intention. It could be just one word or a short sentence but be bold (wimpy desires produce wimpy results).
- Now let go, detach from the outcome, and let love organize it for you.
4. Listen to Love
Pure love holds the message of truth. Its voice is always there whispering to you; you just need to learn to listen. When you don’t listen to love, you can have:
- Doubts about yourself and others
- Your expectations and hopes not met
- Confusion about your feelings
When you listen to love, you stop complaining and casting blame, you trust yourself and others, and you practice forgiveness and feel inspired.
As you purify your Heart Center, begin to ask its advice and listen. The answers will start flowing from pure love.
If you’re not sure whether the answers are coming from love or from your ego, ask your body how it feels:
- If it feels tense, angry, frightened, suspicious, fidgety, or uncomfortable, then it’s your ego talking.
- If it feels peaceful, relaxed, safe, content, comfortable and has a warm glow, then you know the messages are flowing from love.
Learn to think with your heart and love with your mind. Be open, alert, and connected to life. When the heart and mind combine, your thoughts and actions are inspired. Projections, fantasies, and judgments fall away, leaving you with clarity, insight, and compassion. Write down your inspirations whenever they arise and allow them to guide your journey.
5. Accept Your Ambiguity
Ambiguity makes life fascinating. Accept all aspects of yourself. Embrace your weaknesses as well as your strengths. Explore and embrace your shadows. To show your positive and negative qualities is to be complete. This is what makes you attractive. Start feeling good about yourself. When you accept the good and bad within yourself, you’ll find it easier to accept and forgive others.
Let love reflect your truth. Love no matter what.
6. Drop the Conditioning
Pure love is with you right now, always has been, always will be. Pure love is in the spaces between all the noise and activity. You glimpse love when you feel safe in a crisis, feel a deep silence within, lose track of time watching a beautiful sunset, or feel connected to everyone and everything.
You block the flow of love in your life because of the conditioning and behavioral habits you have imprisoned yourself within. Begin to look beyond the limitations you’ve created in your life. Look for pure love in everyday experiences. Attune yourself to love and let it be your guide. Nothing happens to you, it happens for you and everything that happens is necessary, because it happened. When you let go of limiting beliefs, you will rediscover yourself as Pure Love, which lacks nothing.
7. Surrender to Love
Surrendering to love is a process of nonattachment, letting go of how things have to be, stepping free of the ego, and opening to infinite possibilities.
The first step here is to be aware that you have choices and then begin making your choices consciously by listening to your heart:
- Let go physically by directing love into any areas of tension in your body.
- Let go mentally by being open to new ideas and looking for new opportunities.
- Let go emotionally by expressing your feelings rather than suppressing them.
Security comes from facing your inner fears, love is always here to support you.
8. Recognize Love in Others
It’s easy to see the love in those who you are close to but try to see love in everyone. Remember that everything out “there” is a reflection of what’s in “here.” Bringing your palms together in front of your Heart Center with the simple greeting Namaste, helps you to recognize the love in yourself is also the same as the love in others.
When you open yourself to love, when you live from love, and when you allow love to radiate to everyone you meet, your life will be filled with love and you will see the love in everything. Be the wise person and enjoy love’s bounty.
“Only love can save the world.” ~ Wonder Woman