- Clear away brain fog
- Ignite your digestive fire
- Rev up your energy
Seasonal transitions are big news in the world of Ayurveda, and eating in a way that keeps our doshas balanced is imperative to stay healthy throughout the year. The onset of Kapha season, or springtime, can cause imbalances in many.
Feelings of sluggishness, poor digestion, fatigue, and low mood can result from imbalanced Kapha. Kapha’s qualities include slow, heavy, moist, unctuous, and cold. Kapha balancing tastes are bitter, pungent, and astringent. It is essential to eat foods with the opposite qualities and Kapha balancing flavors to stay feeling energized and vibrant all season long.
Follow these Kapha balancing and detoxifying recipes to feel your best this spring.
Detoxifying Green Drink
- ½ cup aloe juice
- ½ cup of water
- 1 cup dandelion greens
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey
- 1-inch fresh ginger
1. Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend for one and a half minutes, or until all ingredients are well combined. Drink fresh and enjoy a few times a week for the best results.
- Large spring roll papers
- One red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into strips
- 1 cup romaine, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli sprouts
- 1 cup cilantro
1. Gather three large plates. Add warm water to the first plate, place a clean tea towel on the second plate and keep your ingredients handy.
2. Place your rice paper in the warm water until it is submerged briefly. Then remove the paper and briefly dab it on the tea towel. Then, place your rice paper on the last plate, and add ingredients of your choice to the center. Fold the top corners over, then fold one side over and roll the rest.
3. Continue doing this until you have used all of the ingredients for filling or until you have as many spring rolls as desired. Serve fresh, dipping in peanut sauce or coconut aminos.
Spiced Chia Pudding
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup hemp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp cardamom
- ⅛ tsp clove
- Berries of choice
1. Add chia seeds to a Tupperware container. Stir in the spices, then add hemp milk. Mix well, then put in the fridge for a minimum of one hour or overnight.
2. Eat within 24 hours and top with fresh berries and granola if desired.