This is a brand new recipe in our home, and one that will certainly be added to our favorite’s list. Packed with antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C, this soup is not only healthy, but delicious. It offered a new flavor for us, with the combination of cauliflower to cashew cream sauce. The aroma of the herbs is also a lovely scent as it fills our home, and the combination of the fresh herbs is the perfect addition.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
The texture of this soup is also particularly nice as we are entering spring, and desire a lighter soup rather than a stew. We paired it with steamed kale, but it would be wonderful paired with a fresh kale salad. We also added roasted pumpkin seeds to top our soup, and enjoyed avocado on the side as well.
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 4 tsp garlic
- 2 tbsp sage
- 2 tbsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Starting with cashew cream sauce, combine cashews, mustard, garlic, 1 tbsp of herbs (sage, rosemary, thyme), vegetable stock, and salt and pepper to taste. Process in a blender until smooth, adding vegetable stock as needed for desired consistency. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower florets in baking pan. Pour sauce over cauliflower and cook in oven uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add florets to soup pot on low heat.
- Add remaining herbs (1 tbsp each of sage, rosemary, and thyme) and stir in. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
As we are now fully into the Spring season, I know we are already thinking more about outdoor gatherings with friends and family. This soup is one we will certainly add to our menu. It would be delightful served as an appetizer before the main dish, or as the meal for a lighter option.