04/25/2014 Nutrition & Recipes
This quick and easy breakfast burrito is low in calories and will keep you energized until lunch time!
Burrito Filling Suggestions: Refried pinto beans Rice Avocado Bean sprouts Black beans Sautéed onions and mushroom Scrambled eggs
- 2 large whole-wheat tortillas (8 inches or larger)
- 4 tablespoons grated jack or cheddar cheese, optional
- 1 cup burrito filling of your choice (see options above)
- 2 tablespoons tomato salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. On an oiled sheet pan, lay out the tortillas and sprinkle with cheese.
- In the center of each tortilla, place ½ cup filling of your choice. Add the salsa and spread all the ingredients out to the edges of the tortilla.
- Place the pan in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and gently roll each tortilla into a rectangle by folding in two of the sides and then rolling over into a box shape.
Nutritional Facts Per 8-inch burrito using tortillas, salsa, and cheese
- Calories 213
- Total fat 8.6
- Saturated fat 4.3
- Carbohydrates 25.8g
- Protein 8.0g
- Serves 2
- Prep 5m
- Cook 5m
- Total Time 10m