- Clear away brain fog
- Ignite your digestive fire
- Rev up your energy
As we begin to approach the official start of spring, I am already thinking about salads and an abundance of fresh produce. As we officially welcome a new season this month, I find myself thinking more about warmer days with more sunlight. This salad has become a family favorite, and is excellent alongside many of our main dishes.
Apple and Pear Salad with Creamy Cucumber Dressing
This salad is not only delicious, but also promotes gut health, with fresh pears, kale, and apples. Both apples and pears are an excellent source of fiber, and kale is packed with an abundance of health benefits such as powerful antioxidants, vitamin C, and includes cancer-fighting properties.
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4-6 oz non-dairy, unsweetened plain yogurt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 1 pear
- 1 apple
- 1 bundle of kale
- Cherry tomatoes
- For the dressing, combine Ingredients with 1 cup of water and blend until creamy.
- After washing the kale, place into a large salad bowl. Add chopped apple and pear.
- Add dressing and mix together with salad tongs.
I find it to be a wonderful assurance to know that what I am eating is truly serving as nature’s medicine. I feel energized and ready for longer days, and grateful for the opportunity to enjoy the sunshine.