10/19/2016 Personal Growth
Believe it or not, you have the power to create abundance in your life. Follow these exercises to start experiencing your life to the fullest.
Often when you hear the word abundance, you think of financial stability. That’s because the world is geared toward the importance of money, how large your home is, and what you purchase. But abundance can be so much more than that.
Simply put, abundance is a “large quantity of something.” This could be:
It can be anything that you desire. And you have the power to create abundance in your life. Here are a few exercises that can help. Try them and see for yourself the difference they can make in your life—increasing happiness and making life more enjoyable.
Exercise #1: Growing Confidence
If you believe in yourself and your own personal power, you can accomplish anything. Try this easy mind game to build self-esteem:
- When you begin your day, think of a particular color to bring into your life.
- Throughout your day, pay close attention to all the ways the universe provides this spectacle.
- At the end of the day, write down your experience. What, in particular, surprised you?
This game may seem extremely simple, but when you see the power you have at bringing color into your life, you begin to understand other things you have the power to manifest.
Exercise #2: Role-playing
Growing up and losing your sense of imagination can stifle the manifestations of your true desires. Set aside your “adult” ways of thinking and choose a character that strikes you as having an abundance of what you desire. This character can be from:
Now, take on the mindset of that character. Here’s how:
- Decide on one or two characters who resonate with you.
- While reading their stories or watching them on the screen, become them. Tell yourself that IS your story, that IS you. Your role is to become the role they play, just like an actor.
- Pay attention to your energy level in these moments. How do you feel?
- Consider buying something that represents that character.
- Notice how you begin to view yourself and how others treat you. See if you begin to create abundance in what you desire.
Exercise #3: Write Yourself a Check
Visualization is a powerful technique for creating abundance. Making a physical reminder of your goal can help. Before he was famous, Jim Carrey wrote himself a check for $10 million for “acting services rendered.” He kept the check in his wallet for five years until he found out he was going to make $10 million on his movie, Dumb and Dumber. In part, by visualizing his success, he became successful.
Here’s how to do it:
- Write a check to yourself. Include what services you are going to provide to receive this payment. Remember to let go of limiting thoughts on what it takes to receive the amount. You might not have to work as much as you think for such rewards, but action is required.
- Each day, set aside at least 30 minutes to do some “work” for this payment. Experience the energy and happiness behind the action. Go back to your “role play” with the belief that it’s already who you are.
- Fun Alternative: Include a friend. Write your friend a check as if you were the source and vice versa.
Exercise #4: Re-envision Your Vision Board
You may already have a vision board. If so, buy some darts. Yes, your beautiful vision board is going to become a dart board.
This is a game that builds the mind's accuracy and precision. Whatever your major goal is for the week, throw darts at that photo or area on the board. Keep your eye on the target, aim, and try to hit it. This may take a little practice, but so does creating abundance. This game helps give direction to your attention and energy.
Exercise #5: Meditate on Abundance
Meditate on abundance for 20 minutes, once a day. Envision the area in your life where you want abundance. You can adapt a guided meditation or use one of the following mantras:
- I am open to receive gifts from the universe.
- The river of abundance flows toward me.
- I am wealthy.
- I am happy.
You can use any sentence or words you wish. Whatever you feel you are looking for the most in that moment, insert the words that fulfill those desires. Be sure to keep it positive. For example, using a mantra that says “I am not broke” holds less power than “I am wealthy.”
As you bring these practices into your life, you can create abundance in the area of your choosing. Remember, your journey is about enjoyment, laughter, love, and experiences. When you bring these aspects in, your power to create increases. Have fun with it and get some of your “tribe” involved so you can share the excitement that is sure to follow these mind workouts.
Believe it or not, you have the power to create abundance in your life. In a supportive group of like-minded individuals, you're invited to join Deepak Chopra and other Chopra Center master educators who will guide you in Primordial Sound Meditation, Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga, visulaizations, creative activities, and discussions that will help you move from constriction to expansion. Click here to learn more.