Join the Born This Way Foundation and Chopra Global as we pledge to #BeKind21.
Together with Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation, we have pledged to make kindness a habit every day from September 1st to September 21st. Below is a short list of suggested practices you can do with us to be kind during a time when our country and world need kindness now more than ever.
1. Pick up the tab for someone’s beverage at the drive thru.
2. Text a friend or loved one a photo of something that reminds you of them.
3. Write a “thinking of you” card to a friend or family member you haven’t talked to in a while. Send it in the mail. (Yes, the snail mail)
4. Support one small/local business every week.
5. Leave a delivery driver an extra big tip.
6. Offer to run an errand or grocery shop for a sick, injured or elderly friend.
7. Forgive someone for something they did.
8. Send a note to a teacher or mentor, expressing gratitude for something you learned that has left a lasting impression.
9. Promote a small business or website: Tell others about your favorite services — via email or social media.
10. Leave a nice comment on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. (even to strangers)
11. Praise a colleague at work.
12. Leave your loved one their favorite snack in their bag or on their desk.
13. Next time you hear a friend say they need something, send them a gift card.
14. Connect two friends you think may get along. (Enter Cupid :heart emoji:)
15. Endorse a friend or co-worker on LinkedIn.
16. Offer to pet-sit or walk a pet for a friend who needs help.
17. Send or take flowers to your neighbor, friend or family.
18. Send a friend a meal.
19. Plan a weekend getaway/staycation for someone who could use it.
20. Start a charity or contribute to one that you believe in.
21. Text a joke or photo to a friend who’s going through a tough time to make them smile.
Self-love starts with self-care. Download the Chopra App for personalized self-care guidance you can access anywhere.