We are looking for an experienced Senior Director of IT to oversee the use of software and IT systems integrations in our company. You will be the one to devise the company’s IT strategy and ensure that all systems necessary to support its operations and objectives are in place.
This position is responsible for defining a standard, software management methodology and ensuring adherence to those standards. This role will ensure that development team resources are creating and implementing the needed processes, operating models, designs, and technology to enable effective and efficient implementation of the products. The Senior Director of IT will leverage best-in-class systems and processes for collaborative planning and execution. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of successfully coaching, developing, and mentoring team members to deliver high quality production code, scalable software products, and platform capabilities. S/he will lead continued delivery transformation providing efficiency to company roadmaps.
An excellent Senior Director of IT must have a solid IT background and consistently keep up-to-date with advancements of the field. Apart from their education and experience, they must be a strong leader, grounded in a strong strategic mindset and business acumen.
The goal is to ensure that information technology adds the maximum value to our company so as to facilitate the success of our business.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Set objectives and strategies for the IT department
- Provides long-term direction and oversight for the Company’s software and platform development lifecycles and activities, ensuring that releases are timely, complete, on budget and predictable.
- This leader will be charged with evaluating technologies and designing technical architectures to manage complexity and increase business agility
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience and company goals
- Recruit a world class team and utilize the appropriate resources to drive initiatives and produce high quality products
- Set the technical direction for the team, work with executive management to evolve the technical platform to align with the business strategy, and make appropriate technical choices
- Work with the IT Operations teams to aid in software deployment, maintenance, BI and reporting, and performance/load tuning
- Work closely with management to standardize on best practices (design, development, code reviews, unit testing, release management, and designing for scalability) and implement these on a daily basis with the dev teams
- Consult and advise other division and department heads on information technology management needs, challenges, and opportunities
- Take a hands-on approach to the software development lifecycle: develop project and resource plans/schedules, perform day-to-day project management to ensure successful on-time releases, assist the team in accomplishing all tasks, and demonstrate ownership and accountability of the entire product delivery process
- Work effectively with the senior management team to allocate development resources appropriately across various projects, juggling current needs with longer term product roadmap requirements (weighing, balancing, & communicating the tradeoffs as necessary)
- Implement processes and metrics to ensure the software development organization is extremely efficient and focused, and that the products are market ready
- Ensures appropriate information security risk management framework and methodologies are in place and maintained.
- Investigate and resolve software quality issues and escalate situations according to department processes
- Hands-on development and management of the Chopra media/content delivery platforms. Provide code reviews and guide the engineers/consultants in effective and efficient coding techniques following the Agile development lifecycle and architecture design
- Maintain awareness and point of view on emerging technologies
- Manage expectations, set realistic goals, and achieve them
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to work effectively in a coordinating role across multiple disciplines, a strong, open and collaborative work style, customer-service orientation with the ability to translate business goals into information management requirements, and experience negotiating contracts with IT vendors and consultants
- Demonstrates initiative with or without direct authority
- Demonstrates creativity in solving problems or generating improvement ideas
- Self-motivated time management
- Supports and maintains positive attitude and vision with peers, associates, and management
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building and managing teams
- Ability to prioritize competing or conflicting requests and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Utilizes good judgment
- Must demonstrate ability to handle diversity amongst people and environments
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow-up and follow-through on project actions and tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Extensive written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire and cultivate leadership
- Exhibits the core Chopra Center values of Humble, Heart-Centered, and Whatever it Takes maintaining an “organization over ego” mentality and desire for growth and feedback
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related technical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience A minimum of ten (10) years of full-time experience in information systems, including five (5) years’ experience in a supervisory, administrative, managerial, consultative, or executive capacity • Must have experience in planning, architecting, and delivering mission-critical enterprise-grade systems and solutions
- Extensive experience in Web Services, with a working familiarity of PHP, Python, Java and Angular
- Current experience in developing large scale applications, as well as consumer websites and mobile apps
- Experience in consumer-facing, ecommerce and mobile systems a plus
- Experience with responsive web design and mobile enabled development
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong experience with PHP frameworks, and applied knowledge of multiple design patterns (MVP, etc…)
- Proficient with designing and implementing SOAP and REST style web services
- Experienced with MySQL, MongoDB or another database system, query authoring, optimization of query plans and indexing
- Has applied virtualization technologies such as AWS, VMware, or VirtualBox in development and production
Our staff members work hard and in return we offer a ton of incredible benefits, exclusive to the Chopra Center:
- Great health insurance package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k)
- 3 weeks paid time off
- Access to our programs, events and ALL of our digital materials
- FREE yoga and meditation classes at the Chopra Center
- Employee trainings and fun monthly events through our Employee Wellness program
- Discounts on Chopra Center products and services including Medical Consults, Acupuncture, Pranic Healing, Life Coaching packages and more!
- The chance to work with an amazing team of talented, goal-oriented people who are passionate about health and wellness!
- A business casual environment
- That amazing feeling of satisfaction that comes from knowing that what you do truly does make a difference!
- Discounts with Chopra Center partners including Prana, Omni Resort and Quattra Via Aveda Salon
HOW TO APPLY:
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Please attach a unique cover letter explaining why you would be the ideal candidate in the "Attach Other Documents" section of the career center portal.