Do you want to be part of our team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? Are you Humble, Heart-Centered and possess a Whatever It Takes attitude? The Chopra Center is currently seeking a full-time Human Resources Coordinator.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA is the leading source for meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. Seekers from around the world come to experience our variety of programs in stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, personal development and life transformation. Along with our programs, we have a healthy roster of services, products, and digital courses and teacher certifications to promote the spiritual journey. The Chopra Center is a Medallion Award Winner of the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Workplace Excellence program.
We are looking for a Human Resources Coordinator to help advance our unique company to new heights and support each member of the company throughout their employment. This is an awesome opportunity to gain more real-world experience in the field of HR and work closely with the Director of Human Resources, who has over 20 years of professional experience. This position is full-time, with office hours Monday through Friday.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as first point-of-contact on the HR team.
- Provide high level of support to the Director of HR.
- Serve as a key member of the employee wellness committee and culture committee.
- Maintain human resource information system (HRIS) records.
- Handle employee relations counseling, out placement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Assist in benefit administration and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Coordinate all levels and steps of recruitment and on-boarding.
- Coordinate internal and external employment advertising and posting.
- Source, process, and review employment applications to evaluate qualifications and eligibility.
- Conduct and schedule various interviews and screening processes.
- On-board all new employees using the Coastal Payroll system.
- Assist in developing and delivering new-hire orientations.
- Monitor the performance evaluation program.
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures including maintaining the employee handbook.
- Work closely with department managers in assisting with hiring needs and other employee changes.
- Create monthly newsletters and company announcements.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefit laws and regulations.
- Assist in other job duties as required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Tech-savvy is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in Psychology, business or HR preferred.
- At least 1 year of HR work/field experience.
- Self-starter, able to work on projects with little supervision. This is a MUST.
- Flexibility and adaptability is absolutely crucial in this role as we are a quickly growing and changing company.
- Ability to manage last minute demands/changes with a positive attitude.
- Extremely proactive and resourceful.
- Trustworthy and professional.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Our staff members work hard and in return we offer a ton of incredible benefits, exclusive to the Chopra Center:
- Great health insurance package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k)
- 3 weeks paid time off
- Access to our programs, events and ALL of our digital materials
- FREE yoga and meditation classes at the Chopra Center
- Employee trainings and fun monthly events through our Employee Wellness program
- Discounts on Chopra Center products and services including Medical Consults, Acupuncture, Pranic Healing, Life Coaching packages and more!
- The chance to work with an amazing team of talented, goal-oriented people who are passionate about health and wellness!
- A business casual environment
- That amazing feeling of satisfaction that comes from knowing that what you do truly does make a difference!
- Discounts with Chopra Center partners including Prana, Omni Resort and Quattra Via Aveda Salon
HOW TO APPLY:
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please email your resume AND unique cover letter explaining why you are our ideal candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email must say “I am your new HR Coordinator.”
ALL APPLICANTS MUST ALSO TAKE THE FOLLOWING ASSESSMENT AND INCLUDE THEIR RESULTS WITH THEIR APPLICATION: MYERS-BRIGGS PERSONALITY ASSESSMENT
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, please note that we will only be contacting those we feel best meet the qualifications of this position.